Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (191-200):
Cochise
by Dawn on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Yes I do ... a girl that worked with my daughter went missing... they never found her 

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM

One of the girls in my neighborhood when I was a young child disappeared, she or her body has yet to be found  ..

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I'm so sorry. Hugs

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother. She never came home from work one day. She had no family, she was adopted. This was 30 years ago. She has never been found and I have no memories of her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BDolphins82
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM

bump

viv212
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM
:( how incredibly sad. I wonder if it was an abusive ex :(

Quoting audreesmama:

I was the GM of a restaurant. I had a server who was always really ditsy, but she was a good server and good employee. Her name was Edith. She was in her late 20's and was married with 2 children. Her husband didn't work. One day after lunch shift, we were cleaning up and my cook came into my office and said, "Hey, Edith's husband's here and she needs her tip money." This was strange because her shift ended in 2 hours, and we typically gave credit card tips at the end of the shift...it's just easier that way. I said okay, I can get them early for her, no big deal. I went up front and gave her the tip money. She was fidgeting while I was calculating and I asked if she was okay, and she said yes, she just needed her money. 

I handed it to her and went back to do my truck order. I called for her to check on her sidework about 5 minutes later and she was gone. I was pissed that she walked out. I reviewed the cameras and saw her crying, with a man's arm around her neck, a hand around her mouth as her being dragged out the front door. The restaurant was empty aside from employees, so I started screaming. We saw the man shove her in a trunk and drive off before we could even get into the parking lot. We were already on the phone with 911 and had pictures of the car. Her purse and everything were left behind.

The police arrived and took the report. They called the phone numbers we had on file, and one was disconnected and the other two said they had never heard of her. They went to the address on file, the same as on her driver's license, and the people didn't know who she was, either.

This was two years ago. She has not been found. It still haunts me, that I should have said something, I should have done something. I still cry about it, because I'm sure her fate wasn't pleasant.  

audreesmama
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM

No, it was her husband, the same man she came in with many times before. It was very sad. 

Quoting viv212:

:( how incredibly sad. I wonder if it was an abusive ex :(

Quoting audreesmama:

I was the GM of a restaurant. I had a server who was always really ditsy, but she was a good server and good employee. Her name was Edith. She was in her late 20's and was married with 2 children. Her husband didn't work. One day after lunch shift, we were cleaning up and my cook came into my office and said, "Hey, Edith's husband's here and she needs her tip money." This was strange because her shift ended in 2 hours, and we typically gave credit card tips at the end of the shift...it's just easier that way. I said okay, I can get them early for her, no big deal. I went up front and gave her the tip money. She was fidgeting while I was calculating and I asked if she was okay, and she said yes, she just needed her money. 

I handed it to her and went back to do my truck order. I called for her to check on her sidework about 5 minutes later and she was gone. I was pissed that she walked out. I reviewed the cameras and saw her crying, with a man's arm around her neck, a hand around her mouth as her being dragged out the front door. The restaurant was empty aside from employees, so I started screaming. We saw the man shove her in a trunk and drive off before we could even get into the parking lot. We were already on the phone with 911 and had pictures of the car. Her purse and everything were left behind.

The police arrived and took the report. They called the phone numbers we had on file, and one was disconnected and the other two said they had never heard of her. They went to the address on file, the same as on her driver's license, and the people didn't know who she was, either.

This was two years ago. She has not been found. It still haunts me, that I should have said something, I should have done something. I still cry about it, because I'm sure her fate wasn't pleasant.  

LadySaphira
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I didn't know her but a woman went mising from the area I live in 1984. She was 26 yrs old and had 6 year old daughter. She still has not been found. There was a person of intrest nhre disappearence who was caught tryint to leave the country shortly after ward. He commited suicide within the year.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I seriously think disappeared is the scariest show on tv. How scary is it that these people just walk out of their house and are never seen again? I can't watch it alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump, i can't believe how many families have gone through this. My heart goes out to all of them
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I hope you don't have police using their resources and family members sick worried about you. That's pretty fuckin selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)