Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (201-210):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You dont know my situation.  I dont know what was done to find me, I dont quite care.  My child's safety and mine were at risk and we did what we needd to.  If that is selfish so be it.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I hope you don't have police using their resources and family members sick worried about you. That's pretty fuckin selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm watching it with dh right now on netflix. Every time they never find them i google the shit out of them hoping they have found something. I just watched the one about leah peebles, it was so sad because her dad had searched so hard for her.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I seriously think disappeared is the scariest show on tv. How scary is it that these people just walk out of their house and are never seen again? I can't watch it alone.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Me too. The thought just gives me chills.

Quoting Mom2five87:

No, I don't. That would be terrible. Especially if it's your child. I absolutely can't imagine how horrible it would be not knowing where your child is, if they are in pain, if they are hungry, cold,  dead or alive. That would be the worst torture in the world. I feel so bad for the people who have to go through that... whether it's a child, friend, relative, etc. : (

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM

My sister-in-law met a guy from South Africa online and they were engaged, she went to visit him and he gave her a ring. He was supposed to move here, but something always came up and he ended up never being able to. One time he was on the plane to surprise her with a visit and almost died from complications from pneumonia or something.

So he was waiting for this one document in the mail so he could move here permanently. Once it comes, he's good and can drop everything and move to the US. Meanwhile this guy is a photographer. One day he's out taking pictures of wild animals (he's in SA remember!) and comes across some poachers. They catch him and demand ransom (guy's rich like nobody's business), his friends & family are ready to comply, the guys never show up to get it. A couple days later, the document shows up at his house.

Months go by with no word at all. His sister has him declared dead (she wants his $$$) and my SIL is in a panic. Then his friend gets a call to bring the money to a certain location. Gets in his jeep, goes to the location, the poachers take the money AND the jeep and leave SIL's fiance with his friend in the middle of nowhere, the wild of South Africa, the guy is dehydrated, broken bones, muscles atrophied from being tied up, but he's alive. And now they have to get their butts back into civilization like now, or they're pretty much lion food. But the friend has his phone still, is able to get reception and they are rescued.

That's how the story goes, personally I think the guy's a little fishy, but they were together for years, she even converted to Judaism because of him, before he kind of decides they shouldn't be engaged anymore for now. But they're still close friends and talk all the time on Skype and the phone. Every time we visit the in-laws SIL has my kids talk to him too. So if it was a scam, she'd be spending money on him, not the other way around.

Oh, one of the reasons he couldn't come to the US after he recovered from the kidnapping was that his passport was invalid since, you know, he was technically dead.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM

My husband disappeared for a month as a kid. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM

wow that is crazy

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother. She never came home from work one day. She had no family, she was adopted. This was 30 years ago. She has never been found and I have no memories of her.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM
It did get some news time but there are hundreds of missing persons just in one state at any one time and without leads the cases go cold and a new story replaces it.

Quoting viv212:

Was this on any news show?

How heartbreaking :(

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter. She was 23 when she left work one night, at 10pm, and never came home. Her car, phone, purse and clothes were found in her car. That was 4 years ago. She is presumed dead. The fact that her clothes (work clothes, bra and underwear) were all left neatly folded in her car, on the seat, does not bode well. She would never have left on her own. She had 2 daughter who were 3 and 1 who she would have never left and she and her husband of 5 years were doing well. They believe that someone who she knew or would have trusted approached her and took her. Three other women, same general ages (22-25), all moms with young children under the age of 5, all with dark hair and dark eyes, all around the same height and build, have also gone missing in the last 4 years (3 since her, never in the same month but all in different years). Most likely it is a serial psychopath.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I was missing at one point.

the last time I talked to my mom was right before my birthday and I was visiting Mexico.  I called my mom using my friends cell phone and if she needed to reach me she could use that to call me.  Well that night I asked my mom if I could borrow money and talked to her for a bit and than I said well this guy is looking at me so I have to get off the phone.  The guy was my friend's hubby and I was using his phone that day instead of my friend's cell.  Well my mom took that as someone wanted me to call home and get money and yada yada(she thought of all the drug cartel down there she thought they got me).  I usually would call my mom twice a week.  Well my friend was real busy so I couldn't use her phone (she was working and going across the border to work) and my mom couldn't ever get an answer when she called.

I hadn't talked to my mom for a few weeks at this point and my kids and I went to the American embassy for something and the guy behind the counter was like Mrs. ________ we have been looking for you.  they had pictures of myself and my kids.  They tried to find my address to where we were staying there and couldn't find it and they let me call my sister.  She started crying, I started crying etc..

Apparently they called the police in the border town of the US side of where we were at and put out a police report on us as missing, they had a myspace and facebook page for us.  All my friends and family were putting out our pictures everything.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Me too!!! The Mcstay (hope that's the right name) family one really creeps me out. Also, the young girl who went missing in myrtle beach. And there was a young boy that really touched me but I can't remember his story. I have like 4 on the dvr but I have to wait til my boyfriend is home to watch because I'm scared.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm watching it with dh right now on netflix. Every time they never find them i google the shit out of them hoping they have found something. I just watched the one about leah peebles, it was so sad because her dad had searched so hard for her.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I seriously think disappeared is the scariest show on tv. How scary is it that these people just walk out of their house and are never seen again? I can't watch it alone.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM
The police won't give you up. It is selfish that they use their resources for a person who isn't really missing.

Quoting Anonymous:

You dont know my situation.  I dont know what was done to find me, I dont quite care.  My child's safety and mine were at risk and we did what we needd to.  If that is selfish so be it.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I hope you don't have police using their resources and family members sick worried about you. That's pretty fuckin selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)