Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Are you still missing? And if so are you being looked for?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Mabuka
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM
My brother :( when he was a baby. He was found, 23 years layer. I just met him 2 years ago. His mom kidnapped him&then gave him up to the state when he was like 2.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM
My brother is missing and has been since 1994. He was 3 when he disappeared.
southernjess3
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

my mothers ballet teacher when she was a teen. still on unsolved mysteries. the closest they got was finding her necklace under the new put in bathroom floor at the studio.

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, my cousin went missing for 6 long years and has been found alive and well. The FBI looked for him for a long time and never found him, but by the grace of God, my aunt and uncle printed out thousands of flyers and put them all over Arizona and California and they had leads come in that led them to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Yes, still "missing" I dont know if anyone is looking for me.  I hope not, I dont want to be found.  I changed my name and my childs name so I hope not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you still missing? And if so are you being looked for?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I'm sorry that's so sad! Do you seek closure in her disappearance?

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother. She never came home from work one day. She had no family, she was adopted. This was 30 years ago. She has never been found and I have no memories of her.

lisairv
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Foul play! He left a ball game and said he was going home to play with his kids. He has never been seen since but his credit card was used but not his signature. It was used within the first days and nothing. They have it in the paper and on websites but no luck. It's been over a year I think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they think he left on his own or was foul play involved?

Quoting lisairv:

My son was dating a girl whose brother disappeared. He has never been found.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM
One of my oldest friends disappeared several years ago. She had gotten into drugs and prostitution, I assume she's dead. :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)