Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (211-220):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Like I said, you dont know my situation or how I came to make my choices.  You arent in a position to judge me.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

The police won't give you up. It is selfish that they use their resources for a person who isn't really missing.

Quoting Anonymous:

You dont know my situation.  I dont know what was done to find me, I dont quite care.  My child's safety and mine were at risk and we did what we needd to.  If that is selfish so be it.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I hope you don't have police using their resources and family members sick worried about you. That's pretty fuckin selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I'll be honest, nothing you can say will make me think it's not selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said, you dont know my situation or how I came to make my choices.  You arent in a position to judge me.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

The police won't give you up. It is selfish that they use their resources for a person who isn't really missing.

Quoting Anonymous:

You dont know my situation.  I dont know what was done to find me, I dont quite care.  My child's safety and mine were at risk and we did what we needd to.  If that is selfish so be it.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I hope you don't have police using their resources and family members sick worried about you. That's pretty fuckin selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM

thats fine, you are entitled to your opinion.  I suppose I should have just stayed and gotten killed and have my child killed eventually.  It would have  been a better use of police resources.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM

btw, I highly doubt I used any resources at all.  I would be surprised if I was even reported missing.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mrz.Anaya
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
She was murdered for her car by a coworker. Stabbed over 40 times.

Quoting viv212:

:( What happened to her?

Quoting Mrz.Anaya:

My cousin was missing for about 2 months. They found her buried in the desert.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Not at all. You're being extreme. You have every right to cut off contact with anyone and everyone if you chose, but have the decency to tell a police officer so they can stop wasting resources on someone who isn't really missing and focus on those that are.

Quoting Anonymous:

thats fine, you are entitled to your opinion.  I suppose I should have just stayed and gotten killed and have my child killed eventually.  It would have  been a better use of police resources.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

No not personally thank goodness

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

A friend of mines niece disappeared for almost a year. It turned out she ran away.

Groove
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM
A dear friend of mine's (who has since passed away) oldest daughter went missing. One day she just didn't come home from school. She was 15 I think (I was a few years older and grew up w her). We didn't know where she was for 3 years. Missing and Exploited Children called my friend saying that they found her. Apparently my friend's ex, before they broke up, started a sexual relationship w her oldest daughter at 14. When my friend broke up w her ex, he moved back to our home state. He helped my friend's daughter plan her runaway. Anyways, they found her bc she landed in the hospital. She got pregnant by my friend's ex and had the baby at their apt. My friend's ex took the baby and left the baby in the dumpster. A man hunt for him started at that point. I remember being so scared and happy when they found her. I would post everywhere I could looking for her. She was like a sister to me. She didn't talk to me for a long time after being found.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Groove
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
5 moms liked this
Judging from her replies, she was abused. Probably by her husband or family. It's 100% best to not report where she is.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Not at all. You're being extreme. You have every right to cut off contact with anyone and everyone if you chose, but have the decency to tell a police officer so they can stop wasting resources on someone who isn't really missing and focus on those that are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)