Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (301-310):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I know of a guy that moved to Canada and "died". Supposedly he was murdered by a jealous husband. Rumor has it he's still alive. My brother took a fishing trip to Canada when he was a teen and when he got back my mother casually asked how uncle john(the guy that "died") was and he was speeches.

It's kind of a local legend around here now.
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM
My husband knew a girl who did. She was found years later burried under a cabin of her boyfriends. He's been thrown in jail. They knew all along he took her but couldn't prove it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:15 AM

That was on the show disappeared wasn't it...

Quoting bcoll:

My friend Maura Murray disappeared in 2004

I actually don't know if I should say friend. I knew her a bit but was friends with her sister.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM

The McStay Family...

Quoting Anonymous:

I do know someone who disappeared. My brother had a 2 year old daughter with his fiance and they had been together for 4 years. One day he came home from work and both of them were gone. No trace of them. That was 8 years ago. We are still looking for both of them. There was also an article I was just reading about a family that disappeared and when police searched their home popcorn was still in the microwave. It looked like they just vanished into thin air.

mydarlingsofia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I have a fb friend whose grandpa went missing beginning of December. He left the house to run to Safeway really quick. He was in perfectly good health and was fully there so they know he didnt just get lost or forget what he was doing. Last they know is he stopped at Wells Fargo, not even sure if he made it to Safeway. His family suspects foul play.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I know someone who disappeared and many years later was found...right where they had last been known to be. Many who knew them were upset,as the heartache they had caused the family on top of not knowing of family deaths and emergencies which had happened. What they did was intentional and cruel.

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:47 AM

My neighbors son disappeared. If I remember they found his motorcycle, but nothing else. Cops didn't have a lead and considered him a missing person. After 7 years he would be considered deceased. It has been right at about 7 years now. My mom thinks he was in trouble with something and someone dropped him at the bottom of a rock pit. He was at a friends house and got a phone call. Told his friend he would be back in like 15mins. His father took it really hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I seriously think disappeared is the scariest show on tv. How scary is it that these people just walk out of their house and are never seen again? I can't watch it alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:54 AM

That one was sad :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm watching it with dh right now on netflix. Every time they never find them i google the shit out of them hoping they have found something. I just watched the one about leah peebles, it was so sad because her dad had searched so hard for her.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I seriously think disappeared is the scariest show on tv. How scary is it that these people just walk out of their house and are never seen again? I can't watch it alone.

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:54 AM
My friend melodye had her 3 year old son disappear from daycare.She just released a book called Jeremy's cry on amazon. Greatttttt book.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)