Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Did he leave on his own? 

Quoting Kaybean:

Yes, my cousin went missing for 6 long years and has been found alive and well. The FBI looked for him for a long time and never found him, but by the grace of God, my aunt and uncle printed out thousands of flyers and put them all over Arizona and California and they had leads come in that led them to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
My step mother has been missing for 7 years. A man was convicted of her murder bc he told two witnesses he did it. One of only a few cases in Ohio prosecuted without a body
sweetnspacey
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awful, I hope you and your family get closure one day. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My brother is missing and has been since 1994. He was 3 when he disappeared.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Idk if the amanda jones went national but her daughter was in my daycare class and i worked with her sister. It was strange seeing someone everyday then poof nothing ever again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

My aunt was kidnapped at 2 years old.  The family received a ransom request, followed the instructions, yet she was never returned.

This situation colored my family's existence from that time forward.  My grandfather had a compound which was on a peninsula (surrounded by ocean on 3 sides).   The side towards land had a 12 ft razor wire topped stone wall and an armed guard house manned 24/7.   We weren't allowed to visit friends, or go anywhere.  We were sent to private school where guards could accompany us.  My siblings and I spent our entire childhood alone except for household staff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

So sad! I'm shocked in how many stories are just like your friends on the show disappeared. 

Quoting Anonymous:

One of my oldest friends disappeared several years ago. She had gotten into drugs and prostitution, I assume she's dead. :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I ran off and started a new life (12 yrs ago) and am totally off the grid but the police know where I am since my family reported me missing and I had to inform  the police that I am not dead and I am safe and happy and dont want my family to even know where I am. They informed my family that I am ok and to stop reporting me dead or missing and told them they can not tell them where I am because it is none of their business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM

His poor kids, I hope they figure out what happened to him

Quoting lisairv:

Foul play! He left a ball game and said he was going home to play with his kids. He has never been seen since but his credit card was used but not his signature. It was used within the first days and nothing. They have it in the paper and on websites but no luck. It's been over a year I think.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they think he left on his own or was foul play involved?

Quoting lisairv:

My son was dating a girl whose brother disappeared. He has never been found.

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Yes he did. He was in fear of his life and for his family's life due to drug problems and also left the Navy without being discharged. Here's a link to my post about it.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/9451981/My_cousin_who_was_missing_for_almost_6_years_has_been_found_UPDATE_Another_update_Newest_update_9_28

Quoting Anonymous:

Did he leave on his own? 

Quoting Kaybean:

Yes, my cousin went missing for 6 long years and has been found alive and well. The FBI looked for him for a long time and never found him, but by the grace of God, my aunt and uncle printed out thousands of flyers and put them all over Arizona and California and they had leads come in that led them to him.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN