Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (321-330):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I've follow the Brittanee Drexel story since it broke. I honestly believe the kids she went down to Myrtle Beach with did something to her, dumped her body, and all got their story straight before returning to NY. However there was some evidence of a potential sex offender who might be linked to her disappearance, but that's gone no where.

MotherOF5Cuties
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Can I ask why you went through all that??

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, still "missing" I dont know if anyone is looking for me.  I hope not, I dont want to be found.  I changed my name and my childs name so I hope not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you still missing? And if so are you being looked for?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kckmom3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I know...and there is also alot of human trafficking that goes on too...makes you want to just stay in your house with your kids and never leave!!!

Quoting dollhex:

No but it's creepy to think how often it happens.

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I don't know. I've never seen it. It's likely though, if it's something they do weekly or whatever, it's almost the anniversary. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That was on the show disappeared wasn't it...

Quoting bcoll:

My friend Maura Murray disappeared in 2004

I actually don't know if I should say friend. I knew her a bit but was friends with her sister.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
You have no clue what her life has been like. So to call her selfish because she doesn't want to be found is kind of rude! If her life is in danger then why call the police because sometimes the police are the fucking bad guys. Trust me I learned that lesson well.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I'll be honest, nothing you can say will make me think it's not selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said, you dont know my situation or how I came to make my choices.  You arent in a position to judge me.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

The police won't give you up. It is selfish that they use their resources for a person who isn't really missing.

Quoting Anonymous:

You dont know my situation.  I dont know what was done to find me, I dont quite care.  My child's safety and mine were at risk and we did what we needd to.  If that is selfish so be it.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I hope you don't have police using their resources and family members sick worried about you. That's pretty fuckin selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope but it is tempting to become one of those that just disappear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

No but I wish more than a couple of people would disappear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:14 AM
I was a missing child. My mother ran off with us. Sadly because of that I missed out on a lot and ended up abused and raped for most of my childhood. When my father found us. He left us thinking everything was a picture perfect as it seemed.

Then I was unknowingly kidnapped by my aunt. My stepfather threw my mother out. He had my aunt hide me at her place. I wasn't found for two weeks. My aunt had no clue what was going on and I refused to talk about it. I kinda wish my mother had never found me

momto4girzls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:18 AM

A girl I went to high school with went missing one night after visiting some friends at a local college, they do think she was murdered ,they found her car burned out and have her on video at an atm with two guys standing behind her while she withdrew money and handed it to them, those guys are in prison because of her and another woman from North Carolina, but they refuse to tell where her body is.

kckmom3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:38 AM

There was a girl from our church youth group who,several years ago,met and married a man from Morocco. I'm not sure of all the details but at one point she went to Morocco and was never heard from again. Her brother tried to find out what happened to her and he was told that his (20-something yr old,otherwise healthy) sister contacted some kind of disease and died. Just like that. No autopsy,nothing. So now he and his wife and their aunt are left to raise his sister's child (from a previous relationship).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured