Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Yes. All 3 were found and had left for their own reasons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
They ended up tracking his credit cards which the woman was still using, but she was in new Hampshire I think. But she told the authorities she left him in Virginia. A few weeks after she left him the neighbors reported him to social services and they had him in I think a nursing home. He was basically a john doe.

Quoting lilbit53009:

wow crazy! how'd they find him?

Quoting JakesMom712:

A friend of mines father disappeared for almost a year. He had dementia I guess and drove off. Wound up somewhere in virginia. Shacked up with some chick who stole his cc and car. He didn't know where he was or his name, etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeriAZ
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish my ex Dh would just disappear permanently.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

no, but if you know how to make some one legitimately disappear please tell me. I have upto 4 people who I would like to see that happen too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Thats so sad. I hate to even ask but was because of abuse. Like the OP im really into these mystery cases of people dissapearing and stuff. Just curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, still "missing" I dont know if anyone is looking for me.  I hope not, I dont want to be found.  I changed my name and my childs name so I hope not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you still missing? And if so are you being looked for?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM
3 moms liked this

No, I don't. That would be terrible. Especially if it's your child. I absolutely can't imagine how horrible it would be not knowing where your child is, if they are in pain, if they are hungry, cold,  dead or alive. That would be the worst torture in the world. I feel so bad for the people who have to go through that... whether it's a child, friend, relative, etc. : (

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I'm curious why you ran away, also how hard was it to start over at such a young age.

Quoting Anonymous:

I ran off and started a new life (12 yrs ago) and am totally off the grid but the police know where I am since my family reported me missing and I had to inform  the police that I am not dead and I am safe and happy and dont want my family to even know where I am. They informed my family that I am ok and to stop reporting me dead or missing and told them they can not tell them where I am because it is none of their business.

anon1986East
by Kali on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Not anyone who disappeared for good but a friend of mine had the habit of disappearing for weeks or months at a time, but he hasn't disappeared on us for 4 years now - probably because he is no longer a drug addict and because I moved him out here where I live so he wouldn't fall into old habits or hang out with his scumbag friends.

mamivon2
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM

No but I wish some would disappear

risaspieces
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM
My best friends boyfriend disappeared when we were in high school. Never heard if he was found or not, this was back in 2004.

Also my friends cousin was kidnapped in Mexico. I was with my friend when her aunt called her telling her she had received a ransom demand, the little girl was 6. They got her body back a year after she was kidnapped, I'm still terrified to go to Mexico because of that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN