Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (451-460):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM
wow you're in belton? i live abot 25 min from there. it is such a sad story :(

Quoting Mama2ETA:

I just wish her parents could find some closure. There are a ton of rumors. If that one is true (even though the co-worker said it came from his mouth, who really knows ya know?) I wish they could find the body and let those parents do the unthinkable burying their dd. They are so sweet. They ride in the St. Patrick's Day parade every year with a sign "Find Kara Kopetsky" and the date she went missing with her picture. The emptiness in her eyes makes me cry every year. She is a sweet lady too. I was part of the group that went door to door and met at the high school and passed out flyers everywhere.

Quoting nelliesmommy:

Some people have serious issues. I feel so sad for her. May she rip.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

No doubt. I heard the story an old coworker heard straight fromj the bf's mouth, and his other friends verified.

They don't have solid evidence or a body. She was into drugs too though. They told him it was an overdose then they buried her under the back patio then layed more cement.

Quoting nelliesmommy:

I remember her story. Think the bf did it? 

Quoting Mama2ETA:

Kara Kopetsky, she disappeared on May 4, 2007 from her school.

ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I don't have a story but bump for later!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Yes, one of my sisters friends brother went missing.... They found his body a year later.... He had been killed by his ex, her husband and her brother in law over child custody! Excuse my language but its fucking disgusting what they did! She even lied on tv! And how selfish of her to take away her kids dad and mom all in one blow!!! Ugh gets me worked up!!! They deserve to rot!!!
cmorden06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM
BumP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM

What makes you think she is on a missing persons list, she said herself she probably isnt missed or being looked for.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Telling a police officer at your new location across the country so they can take you off the missing persons list sounds the opposite of selfish.

Quoting viv212:

I gotta cut in here. I don't think you've ever been scared of a person you thought would kill you? After leaving my abuser, I couldn't shower without a knife next to me.

I worked at a DV shelter and you'd be surprised at how many women do this. It's either this or die. The details are no one's business.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

Not at all. You're being extreme. You have every right to cut off contact with anyone and everyone if you chose, but have the decency to tell a police officer so they can stop wasting resources on someone who isn't really missing and focus on those that are.

Quoting Anonymous:

thats fine, you are entitled to your opinion.  I suppose I should have just stayed and gotten killed and have my child killed eventually.  It would have  been a better use of police resources.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I'll be honest, nothing you can say will make me think it's not selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said, you dont know my situation or how I came to make my choices.  You arent in a position to judge me.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

The police won't give you up. It is selfish that they use their resources for a person who isn't really missing.

Quoting Anonymous:

You dont know my situation.  I dont know what was done to find me, I dont quite care.  My child's safety and mine were at risk and we did what we needd to.  If that is selfish so be it.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I hope you don't have police using their resources and family members sick worried about you. That's pretty fuckin selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

MommyToBe0109
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM

bump

heartslove09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM
My mom's cousin and husband disappeared 15yrs ago never heard from again... I ransom was paid but couple was never recovered
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Cynthia Hankins in Colorado. I worked at a temp agency (at the actual agency not through it) and interviewed her, took her application and put her on a job shortly after. The client that used her really, really liked her and she really liked the job. The job she was working allowed her some time to talk with her boss(our client) and they got to know each other. A bit into her job there she didn't show up to work. The client called to tell us and I tried to get ahold of her to figure out why. This was fairly typical in this type of work so I didn't think anything of it. People didn't show up to work all the time because they'd get paid and go on a bender of some type until they'd run out of money then be back in my office looking for more work. When I couldn't get ahold of her I called the client back to offer to find someone else for the position. The client said she didn't want anyone else, really, that she really liked Cynthia and wanted her back. So I told the client I would keep trying to get ahold of her. The client said she would keep calling as well (they had exchanged phone numbers). The next day the client called back to see if I'd heard anything, which I hadn't, and expresses some concern about her safety. I guess Cynthia had shared with her about her home life and it was kind of rocky. If I remember correctly Cynthia was in her late twenties, early thirties and her husband was in his sixties. The client said she was going to call the police and file a missing persons report and I said it was a good idea. We didn't hear anything for a while but then the police came in and interviewed my boss about her. They were searching for her. Come to find out her husband murdered her because she wouldn't have sex with him. He then dismembered her and hid her in a gold mine he owned. He's now in prison. But it still haunts me to this day. I still think about her and wish things had turned out differently for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured