Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (481-490):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 94 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

You, my dear, are about as naive as they come.

How DARE you tell her that not knowing her whole story. Life isn't always so black and white.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

I hope you don't have police using their resources and family members sick worried about you. That's pretty fuckin selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Bump

alexabimom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM
My step-mother went missing in 2010 and was never found. Her name is Bonnie Woodward.
youdontdefineme
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

A friend of my cousins disappeared when they were 10 in a parking lot in Hayward, Calif. Never has she been found. Noone has been arrested. It is sad. After that happened none of us kids were allowed to ride our bicycles anywhere without an adult and this was in the early 80's this happened. So sad!

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

My old bosses son was missing for 6 months, they found his body in the woods.  They believe it was a drug deal gone bad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

That's crazy! Do they have any idea of what happened to her?

Quoting alexabimom:

My step-mother went missing in 2010 and was never found. Her name is Bonnie Woodward.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

That's awful! It's worse that the family has yet to get some closure!

Quoting youdontdefineme:

A friend of my cousins disappeared when they were 10 in a parking lot in Hayward, Calif. Never has she been found. Noone has been arrested. It is sad. After that happened none of us kids were allowed to ride our bicycles anywhere without an adult and this was in the early 80's this happened. So sad!

alexabimom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM
No. My sister has run away just days before she went missing and then after she was gone, my sister came out of hiding so a lot of people think she had something to do with it. I've lived in a different state since my dad passed in 2000 so I don't have much contact with that family anymore. I'm closer to Bonnie's daughter than my own sister. She was seen getting into a truck with a man at her work and that was the last she was ever seen.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's crazy! Do they have any idea of what happened to her?

Quoting alexabimom:

lacyd75
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Yes my friend Jennifer disappeared in Lubbock TX in July of 04. I would watch all these shows to and its hard to understand how friends and family of missing people must feel. Until it happens to you with a friend or loved one. Its devastating not knowing.
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Thankfully no.

But I wouldn't wish the pain of having a missing child on anyone. I can only imagine how it must feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN