Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG!!! You Ate WHAT?!?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Guess what I ate today?!?! Just GUESS!!!!

It's my homemade teriyaki jerky! I made 4 pieces, and they've been in my freezer for a couple weeks. I finally got around to taking a little chunk off one and eating it.

The taste was great. However, I did have trouble with my gag reflex since I knew what it was made of. Placenta. It's what's for dinner. LOL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Replies (151-156):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I've always done it myself. I also encapsulate placentas for women in my area.

I agree with the other poster. You can contact lical doulas and find out if they offer placenta encapsulation services, and what their fee is.

It's really easy to do yourself. Cali4niachef offers a DIY kit on her website (www.euphoricbirth.com).

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you encapsulate it yourself or pay someone to do it? I'd like to have mine encapsulated when I give birth in March, but I don't know where to get it done.
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM

That is what I feel like doing now, lol

Quoting -42-:

RLT2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM

No, looks too  "Turdarrific" for me.  I'm glad you enjoyed (is that even possible???!!) it though.

lalaboosh
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Haha, that's why I'm not making jerky from mine. I will make a steak and placenta pie for recovering from birth and put most of my placenta in capsules. My imagination is like waaay to active for me to chew on my placenta like that. Hahaha! Did you get a rush?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:08 PM

lol

Quoting CanInTex:

You terriyakied your placenta?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I was afraid I might not be able to eat it. LOL! That's why I only did 4 pieces. I'm glad I at least tried it. Otherwise I'd always wonder. ;)

It worked as well as the pills. Made me happy. :)

Quoting lalaboosh:

Haha, that's why I'm not making jerky from mine. I will make a steak and placenta pie for recovering from birth and put most of my placenta in capsules. My imagination is like waaay to active for me to chew on my placenta like that. Hahaha! Did you get a rush?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)