Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I have a right to be upset?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
So my mother in law went to the hospital today thinking she had appendicitis turns out Its a hernia but she doesn't have insurance so she can't afford the surgery. She's back home now and I texted her asking if she'd like me to bring the girls by. Back story her and father in law are asses. They've hated me since day one cuz they didn't pick me. They haven't seen their grandkids since Halloween and have seen them less than 20 times in their life. From August 2011 till November last year we lived 5 minutes away. Since November we live an hour away. The grandkids are 1 and 2. around Christmas I found out after I had my first they told Dh to get a paternity test and I flipped out. I haven't spoken to them since. They never call Dh and ask about the grandkids and the only other family member they talk to is dh's uncle who told me they haven't even mentioned the grandkids to him since Christmas. I'm trying to be nice to her and reach out. She doesn't respond to my text so I had Dh text his dad and his dad said no. I get she's in pain I can't imagine the pain she's in but she hasn't seen her grandkids in three months. They're the only grandkids they have. I feel really hurt by this. My kids are well behaved they wouldn't be jumping on her or anything my kids have never been like that and she doesn't want to see them. Hell she hardly pays attention to them everytime she's seen them. It just pisses me off that I try and try and it doesn't matter to them. I feel they hate my kids cuz I wasn't their choice for Dh. Do I have a right to be mad? I of course won't say anything to her about this I'm just dropping it but Idk if I'm crazy for being upset or what. No rude comments please.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
4 moms liked this

she's in pain yet you are mad... great timing, dude. wait until she's better then complain.

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I think shes just hurting and wants to rest. I wouldnt take it personally. If it feels like appendicitis, she really is hurting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM

mad yes but not at this time when she is in pain but mad that she doens't ever seem to wnat to see them yes.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM

ummm, there are tonnes of reasons to be mad at another person, but there are certain times to let that anger show.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM
This

Quoting Tesserae:

she's in pain yet you are mad... great timing, dude. wait until she's better then complain.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom7142
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand why you reached out at all. They obviously have no interest in your children. It's beyond horrible, but it's pretty obvious. I'm sorry that they feel that way. I know it hurts. I'm sure it's awful for your husband. :(

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Seriously?  Hernias don't just go away...  It's serious pain. 

anon1986East
by Kali on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be easier if you just accepted that they have no desire to be grandparents. If they haven't paid much attention to the kids before did you really expect them to be more interested now that the grandmother is dealing with a medical problem? Personally I wouldn't be upset because I wouldn't have expected them to say yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No, what did you expect, an epiphany of insight because of her pain?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)