Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm itching for my next hit..................

Posted by   + Show Post

or should I say -- my next designer bag --- LOL  I have a designer bag fettish 

my love is Dooney & Bourke -- less on the wallet and very cute styles

I rotate them out all year and just put my navy tartan Dooney Satchel back in storage --- the best Holiday look -- so festive :) 

I have a cute Rioni -- basically a high end knock off of Luis V.... but prefer the details on mine honestly ---  I get a new one each year we go to Laughlin for our anniversarry at the outlet mall --- almost time --- we go in March!   Yippeee 

here is last years buy --- thinking i need something fun and red this year!  LOL 

What do you get an itch for?????  

SterlingHeart

"these ramblings courtesy of a mom over 40"

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I know right -- they do just hold a nice shape and look great forever 

Quoting KelliansMom:

I would still end up getting my son clothes or shoes lol ...I have just told my husband to go do it for me lol but he can never pick one out that he thinks I will like even though we have the same taste lol Im going to try and do it for my birthday ..I miss my dooney purse that I had i love how they are stiff and keep their shape 

Quoting SterlingHeart:

start your mason jars - just keep tossing loose change in there and once a week cash out and then save those dollars in another masson jar -- pretty soon - you will have that purse!!!!!!

Quoting KelliansMom:

I always want a designer purse they last so much longer ...I just always find other things to spend my money on lol 

SterlingHeart

molly_ann
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Omg! I have been hit by the designer bag bug too!!! I am in the market for a LV bag. Where on earth do u buy one that isn't 1k or more but not some knock off?!
I just bought my first Dooney or purse in 15 years. I haven't carried a bag since then and now I'm addicted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM

yeah I am 16 weeks along and baby is due in july :) I am so hoping this time it is a girl because I already have 3 boys

Quoting SterlingHeart:

I didn't take offense --- and wow 16 weeks...... oh how i miss those sweet baby days 

Quoting redneckmama2:

O I never said you did... I was just stating my opinion. And in reality I think anything designer is a waste. I don't like being charged so much extra just to pay for a name. I pay about 10 buck for a purse at walmart and the one I have now I have had for two years though, so low price doesn't always mean low quality. All of my kids are still little though, the oldest being 7 and the youngest is 16 weeks in the making :) 

Quoting SterlingHeart:

It is my own endulgence --- being a mom of 4 and being a mom for the last 25 years has limited my spending to the needs of my family --- now that I am able to afford a few nice things - this is where my wants lead.... they are one size fits all and they do last a long time ----  I can remember spending 40 bucks on a bag at Target back in the baby momma days and it would fall apart in 6 months --- I have had some of my bags for over 5 years!  Quality is nice!!!!  But I never put it before my kids needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Quoting redneckmama2:

I find designer purses to be a real waste of money... but that is just my opinion. Me... I am happy with some cold water, hot cheetos, and oreos. 

SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I can't afford Luis V --- thats why i got my Rioni --- i do have a limit!  LOL 

Quoting molly_ann:

Omg! I have been hit by the designer bag bug too!!! I am in the market for a LV bag. Where on earth do u buy one that isn't 1k or more but not some knock off?!
I just bought my first Dooney or purse in 15 years. I haven't carried a bag since then and now I'm addicted!

SterlingHeart

SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM

well i am a July baby so Cheers to you and yes lets hope for a pink blankie!!!!  

Quoting redneckmama2:

yeah I am 16 weeks along and baby is due in july :) I am so hoping this time it is a girl because I already have 3 boys

Quoting SterlingHeart:

I didn't take offense --- and wow 16 weeks...... oh how i miss those sweet baby days 

Quoting redneckmama2:

O I never said you did... I was just stating my opinion. And in reality I think anything designer is a waste. I don't like being charged so much extra just to pay for a name. I pay about 10 buck for a purse at walmart and the one I have now I have had for two years though, so low price doesn't always mean low quality. All of my kids are still little though, the oldest being 7 and the youngest is 16 weeks in the making :) 

Quoting SterlingHeart:

It is my own endulgence --- being a mom of 4 and being a mom for the last 25 years has limited my spending to the needs of my family --- now that I am able to afford a few nice things - this is where my wants lead.... they are one size fits all and they do last a long time ----  I can remember spending 40 bucks on a bag at Target back in the baby momma days and it would fall apart in 6 months --- I have had some of my bags for over 5 years!  Quality is nice!!!!  But I never put it before my kids needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Quoting redneckmama2:

I find designer purses to be a real waste of money... but that is just my opinion. Me... I am happy with some cold water, hot cheetos, and oreos. 

SterlingHeart

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Do you usually use drug references, and self harm as titles of your posts?

SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM

nah but my husband jokes this is a worse addiction than any drug - LOL 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you usually use drug references, and self harm as titles of your posts?

SterlingHeart

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM

yes I also find that Im less hard on the ones that cost more lol vs the cheap ones. They are worth the price. Might go check out our coach outlet this weekend :) 

Quoting SterlingHeart:

I know right -- they do just hold a nice shape and look great forever 

Quoting KelliansMom:

I would still end up getting my son clothes or shoes lol ...I have just told my husband to go do it for me lol but he can never pick one out that he thinks I will like even though we have the same taste lol Im going to try and do it for my birthday ..I miss my dooney purse that I had i love how they are stiff and keep their shape 

Quoting SterlingHeart:

start your mason jars - just keep tossing loose change in there and once a week cash out and then save those dollars in another masson jar -- pretty soon - you will have that purse!!!!!!

Quoting KelliansMom:

I always want a designer purse they last so much longer ...I just always find other things to spend my money on lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Penis.
1stpreggers
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I love Cole Haan!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)