Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's mad at me for getting LICE OUT of her kids hair?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
I'm a nanny.
I'm also the maid, house keeper and cook.

I take dare I'd their 3 1/2 year dd, I do all the cooking and cleaning.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job.
It's like getting to be a stay at home mom all over again, and I love the little girl I care for.

Today the little girl came to me whimpering, and saying
"nini, my hair itchy"

And i just thought "well shit"
Last week a kid from play group ended up with lice, so I sat down and looked in her hair, and sure enough, nasty as fuck lice and eggs were every where.

So I sat her down to go through her hair. Now, I don't use the lice kits, I found that they didn't work well enough for what they cost. I have always used conditioner and a metal lice comb. (conditioner suffocates the lice and loosens the eggs)

So I went through her hair with the comb and got all the bugs out, then went through and picked all the eggs out by hand. (what a pain in the ass that was)

I got her hair all done, washed, dried it and looked through it again for any strays that were left behind.

The bedding in all the bedrooms hadn't been washed in a while, so I washed it all, remade the beds, and sprayed the furniture with the live furniture spray that she keeps on hand. (all to prevent anyone else from getting it)

Then we did everything we normally do.

When her husband got home I explained it too him, he thanked me for taking care of it so quickly, then asked if I had made enough food for him to invite his parents for dinner.

When she came home and I told her, SHE FLIPPED!

She cussed at me and said that I had no right to treat her daughters her without informing and checking in with her.

She has told me, SEVERAL times that she does not need to be informed of play group meetings or trips, and does not need me to check with her about doctors appoinentments and that if I feel her dd needs medical treatment not to hesitate to act on that.

So why the hell would I think to check with her before treating her daughter for lice!?

Would anyone here be upset if they had a nanny that treated your child's hair for lice without calling you first?

Eta/ I explained EXTACTLY how I treated it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Hello no I would be glad I didn't have to come home after work and jack with it I wonder if se was more upset ( embarrassed ) that her dd got lice and just took it put on u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arabellas_Mommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I would be fine with it and very thankful to you. Sorry the mom flipped out on you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arabellas_Mommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM
5 moms liked this
Is it bad I hope the mom caught them before you cleaned everything? Lol
jynkx
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM

i might have offered to put them back in the childs head if that would make her more comfortable.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Maybe she had a bad day? Otherwise she's a nut. I'd tip you very well for saving me that trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Dude, I'd be thanking you and would probably get you a gift to show how happy I was that I didn't have to deal with lice.
They give me the creeps! I'd freak out if I had to treat them.
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Quoting Arabellas_Mommy:

I would be fine with it and very thankful to you. Sorry the mom flipped out on you.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Wow! That is insane. I would have thanked the shit out of you because lice is my worst fucking fear. If my kids get lice I am dead. I don't know what I would do I am itching just reading your post, nevermind my kid coming home with it and it being in my house. Help me! I would need to hire professionals.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Sorry, I would have quit. You're the nanny, it's not like you gave her medicine against their permission, you treated the lice naturally. I wonder if she lashed out because she was embarrassed about it? Regardless, it was no need to disrespect you over it. 

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Hell no. I would love you in that situation if you got to it before I could and stopped it from getting worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)