Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What a waste of money!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I normally don't make posts like this but I need to vent.
A girl I know (who is on welfare) went to her OB and asked for the Mirena and he prescribed it. She is now posting pictures on FB of her playing with the damn thing along with captions "playing with what is SUPPOSED to be my birth control, but oh well. I'll just say I lost it and have a new one prescribed".
All I can think is "those things are expensive and welfare covers them 100%. Why waste that money? Idiot".
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Replies (61-67):
leesie86
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I have had two mirena's. I took my first one out when I wanted to get pregnant and then recently had another one put in after my girl was born. The first one I got when I lived in MD and the new one was put in by my current doctor in DE. I was NEVER given a script, or anything to take to a pharmacy. Usually you have to wait a week or two so your dr office can make sure that your insurance cover's it. The first time I had it put in, I had to take a pregnancy  test to make sure that I wasn't pregnant. That does not look like an iud....it looks way to big. This chic is just posting shit to get attention, and doesn't know what she's talking about. UGGH, I don't even know her, but I'm disgusted by her. 

layawatling
by Laya on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Yes. They actually do. I am from SK, Canada and am on the Mirena. I went to wal mart, picked it up, took it to my OB and she inserted it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Want to see the photo?

I can assure you that in Ontario you are given the package until your appointment. It was like this back in 2008 when I got one as well.

Our OBs only keep one on hand to show his/her patients what it looks like and such.

Quoting bmw29:

Lies. LOL They don't just hand you the damn thing, they insert it before you leave. It isn't something that you can put in and out whenever.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM

She will have to use the one she has or pay full cost out of her welfare if she wants another one.  She won't be getting another one for free.  Health insurance will make sure that they do not approve another one for her so soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Want to see the photo?
I can assure you that in Ontario you are given the package until your appointment. It was like this back in 2008 when I got one as well.
Our OBs only keep one on hand to show his/her patients what it looks like and such.

Quoting bmw29:

Lies. LOL They don't just hand you the damn thing, they insert it before you leave. It isn't something that you can put in and out whenever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:06 AM
I am from Canada, not the US. Other Canadian moms have confirmed that they had to go pick theirs up as well.
If you google image "mirena packaging" you'll see what the package and stuff looks like.
If you look by her arm you can see the IUD. The other stuff is the strings and what the OB uses to make insertion easier.

Quoting leesie86:

I have had two mirena's. I took my first one out when I wanted to get pregnant and then recently had another one put in after my girl was born. The first one I got when I lived in MD and the new one was put in by my current doctor in DE. I was NEVER given a script, or anything to take to a pharmacy. Usually you have to wait a week or two so your dr office can make sure that your insurance cover's it. The first time I had it put in, I had to take a pregnancy  test to make sure that I wasn't pregnant. That does not look like an iud....it looks way to big. This chic is just posting shit to get attention, and doesn't know what she's talking about. UGGH, I don't even know her, but I'm disgusted by her. 

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Not sure I believe this.

ETA: Just read where other moms from Canada had to do the same as well. That's so weird, I don't think that is safe at all. lol

marinenonstop
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Smh.. i agree..wasting perfectly good medical equipment and money.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:27 AM
These are the stupid types of people that fuck it up for the good people. I hope she never gets another one. Fucking useless twit....oh I meant twat.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)