Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This might be a stupid question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

But I honestly don't know...

Can you get the flu several times in a short span of time?  Like say you got it last month, got completely over it a week or two later, and then get it again?  Or is it like, you get it, and then you build up a short immunity to the flu after getting over it? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM
It would be a different strand
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Oh Ok like it mutated.. or you just picked up a different strand? 

Quoting Anonymous:

ajrjj05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM

If you really had the flu it would take about a month to recover. I had the flu years ago -test postive at doctors-. Alot of people say they have the flu when really just a bad cold. Here is how my flu went.

The week before I was short on energy and very tired.

After a week of blah feeling I broke into a 103 fever and started vomiting and shitting, I couldn't walk I couldn't breath. I was couch bound for the whole week, walking to the bathroom I even lost my breath. I finally went to the doctor the 4 th day, that is when I tested postive. 

The next week after that was hell, I still couldn't breath, I couldn't work, I was completely bed bound. I ended up with a double ear infection and strep. 

It toook my body about a month to get back to normal. I don't think you had the flu, the flu is NOT! a short thing to begin with. It last a good month before getting back to normal.

Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Likely a different strand of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM

A few years back my DH had influenza B (I think?) then he had H1N1, and then another strand...all within 3 months. It was awful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Yup, different strand

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Likely a different strand of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:27 PM
My son tested positive through his Dr for it and bc he got on meds so quick he was recovered and back to normal in less than 2 wks. The flu effects people differently.

Quoting ajrjj05:

If you really had the flu it would take about a month to recover. I had the flu years ago -test postive at doctors-. Alot of people say they have the flu when really just a bad cold. Here is how my flu went.

After a week of blah feeling I broke into a 103 fever and started vomiting and shitting, I couldn't walk I couldn't breath. I was couch bound for the whole week, walking to the bathroom I even lost my breath. I finally went to the doctor the 4 th day, that is when I tested postive. 

The next week after that was hell, I still couldn't breath, I couldn't work, I was completely bed bound. I ended up with a double ear infection and strep. 

It toook my body about a month to get back to normal. I don't think you had the flu, the flu is NOT! a short thing to begin with. It last a good month before getting back to normal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I waitied about 13 days before going to the doctor. I thought I just had the cold. 

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

My son tested positive through his Dr for it and bc he got on meds so quick he was recovered and back to normal in less than 2 wks. The flu effects people differently.

Quoting ajrjj05:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I know that some people have better immunity to the flu.  Like I myself have never been sick with the flu.  My husband was diagnosed with the flu and got over it a couple weeks later.  He got a clean bill of health and was OK'd to go back to work.

Now he is experiancing similar symptoms.. head ache and nausia.. tho I am thinking this is soemthing else.  The weather has been changing, it might be hay fever or something like that.  I just wanted to see if anyone has heard of getting the flu after just getting over it. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Ew!  That must have sucked =/  My husband just got over the flu last month, and now he is sick again.  Im hoping its something else.  Right now its headache and nausea.  It started today, I guess we will see tomorrow if he is still feeling this way =/

PS.. your husband must be a strong man to go through all that and live lol.. I have no idea what its like, but hearing peopel talk about it, it sounds awful!

Quoting sheramom4:

A few years back my DH had influenza B (I think?) then he had H1N1, and then another strand...all within 3 months. It was awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN