Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

blasting your childs business on facebook............

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Do you think it right to praise one child for making good grades and post a pic of their report card, but in the very same breath tell all of facebook that another child got all Ds and you pissed.

maybe this is just me, but I thought this was very wrong of this father to do this. So the kid that got all As, they got 45 likes on the fathers comment and the kid that got all Ds got comments that even hurt my feelings a little. why do parents post this stuff about their children? I get it you want your kids to do better in school but blasting their bad grades is just fucked up. maybe he did not want everyone to know he was falling behind.

Do you pressure your kids to come home with ALL A's and B's?  is it really that serious that all grades be merit and honor roll worthy. I mean really how many people got hired for a job because they made merit or honor in high school.

just my rant for the day.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lilpsmommie2011
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM
That's wrong, as long as my dd does her best in school I'll be happy. Of course she is only one so we've got a ways to go before school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I will expect a & b from DS, but I would not have done what that father did. I think that is wrong & childish. If ds doesn't get honor roll & is trying his best he won't be punished. We will work with him & see where the problem is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I brag about both my kids..but would never put one down for a bad grade..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM

BUMP!

mommy053008
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I post stuff only postivies about my kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM

No, I think everyone should SHUT UP about any personal business that would embarrass someone else. 

My kids DO get all A's, but I never mention it, or them!   I did once say that I wish "my son" (that's as specific as I ever get - no names, etc) hadn't told me about this one free app because I was playing with it all the time.   Oh, yes...and I posted that "my family" (unidentifiable in their heavy coats/hats,etc) were wearing each other out in the snow.

You just don't EVER post anything too personal or hurtful/embarrassing to another.  Ever.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Ha.  Yes, you've got awhile.

I think parents get angry when they know that their own kid didn't do his best.  We all know our kids' capabilities.  If the best you can do is a C, so be it.  But when you know your kid is highly academic and is goofing around, you do get annoyed.  But keep it off Facebook!  That's face-to-face stuff.

Quoting lilpsmommie2011:

That's wrong, as long as my dd does her best in school I'll be happy. Of course she is only one so we've got a ways to go before school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM

How sad!  I think it's ok to celebrate and brag about a kid's good grades. But never ok to broadcast to the world if they get bad grades.

lilpsmommie2011
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I agree, things are difficult for some and not others. If your kid is just goofing off it should be addressed, but not on facebook. That's a matter between the student, parent, and teacher.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Ha.  Yes, you've got awhile.

I think parents get angry when they know that their own kid didn't do his best.  We all know our kids' capabilities.  If the best you can do is a C, so be it.  But when you know your kid is highly academic and is goofing around, you do get annoyed.  But keep it off Facebook!  That's face-to-face stuff.

Quoting lilpsmommie2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured