Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the Canadian Moms in here; how safe do you feel in YOUR town/city?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM
  • 310 Replies

i am just curious, whats it like where you are? do you feel safe? do you feel your kids are safe outside? do they walk to school? (ages) 

have you ever had an occurance where you were the victim of random violence where you wished you had a gun to protect yourself? just curious. 

what city and province, population?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Sigh
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM
How long have you lived in Canada?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM

a long time. 

Quoting arpazia:

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

i feel VERY safe in my city.  to be honest, i have never felt that i needed a gun and i've lived in not-so-nice areas too.  while you have to be careful in any city, i guess many canadians feel that guns aren't the answer.  i dont know anyone who isn't a cop who owns a gun or even wants one. in fact, every one i know are afraid of guns and quite frankly, wish gun laws would be tighter!

while i wouldn't leave my children outside unattended (because there are weirdos everywhere), i don't feel unsafe walking around at night or in my neighbourhood. 

i live in a suburb outside of toronto, ontario.

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Ah, just wondering.

Quoting D.O.E.:

a long time. 

Quoting arpazia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to move to Canada. =D It's part of my 10 year plan. Either BC or Vancouver. We grew up north of Seattle and want to stay close to Washington/Oregon.

punkasscanuck
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM

i agree with all of this. with exception of the "not owning a gun." 

we own guns for hunting. im in torontos suburbs suburbs suburbs lol. the sticks.

Quoting itsm3:

i feel VERY safe in my city.  to be honest, i have never felt that i needed a gun and i've lived in not-so-nice areas too.  while you have to be careful in any city, i guess many canadians feel that guns aren't the answer.  i dont know anyone who isn't a cop who owns a gun or even wants one. in fact, every one i know are afraid of guns and quite frankly, wish gun laws would be tighter!

while i wouldn't leave my children outside unattended (because there are weirdos everywhere), i don't feel unsafe walking around at night or in my neighbourhood. 

i live in a suburb outside of toronto, ontario.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE vancouver!!!! if it weren't for my mom and my dh's parents, we'd move there in a heartbeat!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I want to move to Canada. =D It's part of my 10 year plan. Either BC or Vancouver. We grew up north of Seattle and want to stay close to Washington/Oregon.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM

It's one of my favorite spot to vacation.

Quoting itsm3:

LOVE vancouver!!!! if it weren't for my mom and my dh's parents, we'd move there in a heartbeat!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured