Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

iPad iPhone iTunes computer help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I have a first gen iPad.

I have an iPhone 5.

Obviously, I've had my iPad for awhile.

The computer that my iPad is synched to crashed. Got a new computer. However, iTunes won't just take what is on my iPad and store it. I have 700 songs on my iPad. 95% of which were downloaded through means other than apple. I've borrowed CDs. I've gotten music from amazon. I've gotten some old music back in the lime wire days. iTunes keeps wanting to erase and resynch my iPad. I'm afraid that I'll lose all of my music BC it isn't on my new computer either.

I tried bumping it from my iPad to iPhone. It moved over, but won't play unless I email it all and resale in iTunes.

Suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM
There's a YouTube video on how to transfer the music from your iPad onto the computer but its really complicated. My brother did it once for me. And I'm pretty sure the music did not have titles when it was transferred.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Nobody expects their computer to crash...but I keep important stuff on an external.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I have it all on an external. Guess what? It crashed. Along with 5yrs worth of photos and a year's worth of research from grad school.

Now, I back up on an external and burn to a CD. I want carbonite, but DH thinks its too big brothery lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM
That sucks...but there is a way to get your music back...google it.
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Do you WANT to actually put the music from your iPad onto your iTunes? If you don't you can just choose to manually manage your music and stuff and sync your content so that only the new stuff on your new computer goes onto your iPad without deleting the original content on you iPad. Does that make sense?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN