Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How popular is/ are your child/ children?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
  • 27 Replies

So, my 7 year-old goes to daycare and school.  A lot of kids from his school go to his daycare after school and it seems like every week he brings home a slip of paper with someone's phone number on it or a birthday party invitation.  The last two weekends we've played with two different friends and had a friend spend the night with us.  We have another phone number and another birthday party this weekend.  (idk if we are going or not)  When my DH picked him up from daycare one of his friends asked if he could go to church with him on Sunday, then another friend piped in and said "my church has free doughnuts" as if to lure my son to come to his church instead (LOL).  I'm just not used to all this.  This is the first year we've had all these friends and invitations here, there and everywhere.  I dont want all my weekends to be taken up in his social life, but I certainly want him to have a social life none-the-less, so I usually end up letting him have friends over or going to the party.  How do you balance it all?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Fortunately we don't have that many invites. DD has been to 3 birthday parties this year, and has had 3 playdates. It's pefect for her, for she likes her home time.

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
My dd is little miss popular. Like the leader of the popular crowd. My son is liked, but gets picked on sometimes.
MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM
All our kids have a lot of friends and are very sociable. But evenings and weekends are family time. We don't do parties unless it is for family or very close friends of the family.

Kids do not come over, except for our teenaged kids friends, the younger kids do not have friends over. They can socialize more once they are older, they see their friends enough during the weekdays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM
My son has friends but not a ton of invites. If say hes right in the middle
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Both of my kids have gotten a ton of party invites. They've gone to about 1/2 of them because of conflicts.

I went and picked DD up early because she wasn't feeling well, we ran into her class going back from PE and she was hugged by the entire class and told to feel better. LOL. I would say she is liked.

Mom7142
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM
My two oldest (boy and girl) are both well liked and have tons of friends. We are always going somewhere or they are having friends over. My oldest girl is honor student and oldest boy is on football team. I guess you just balance it event to event or at least that's what we do!
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:26 PM

My 7 year old is Autistic so nope. My 5 year old is popular with the ladies. Last I heard he had two girlfriends lol.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

My oldest ds is a social butterfly. He has tons of friends and plays lots of sports. My dd couldn't care less if you want to be her friend or not but if you are her friend you will have a loyal and great friend for life. I don't know which way I would prefer it. I have to draw the line sometimes with my older one but often feel like I have to encourage my dd to be more social. I guess they are who they are. 

RLT2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

My kids are well liked. They have plenty of friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN