Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How popular is/ are your child/ children?

Posted by   + Show Post

So, my 7 year-old goes to daycare and school.  A lot of kids from his school go to his daycare after school and it seems like every week he brings home a slip of paper with someone's phone number on it or a birthday party invitation.  The last two weekends we've played with two different friends and had a friend spend the night with us.  We have another phone number and another birthday party this weekend.  (idk if we are going or not)  When my DH picked him up from daycare one of his friends asked if he could go to church with him on Sunday, then another friend piped in and said "my church has free doughnuts" as if to lure my son to come to his church instead (LOL).  I'm just not used to all this.  This is the first year we've had all these friends and invitations here, there and everywhere.  I dont want all my weekends to be taken up in his social life, but I certainly want him to have a social life none-the-less, so I usually end up letting him have friends over or going to the party.  How do you balance it all?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Replies (21-27):
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM
We homeschool, so we typically do our socializing during the week. Weekends are family time. But my dd12 gets sleepover invites pretty regularly. My ds10 is a little unusual in that he really isn't crazy about kids his own age, so play dates for him aren't plentiful. He prefers adult interaction, so he goes to dh's shop and hangs out with dh's friends lol.
haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM

he is only 5 but seems to be pretty popular.. I don't know though. Some stupid bitch ass boys in his class made fun of him for using chap stick. Fuck them. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM

my kid isn't popular, but it isn't my kids fault its small town prejudice and narsty gossip.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM

My kids go to a very small private school where there are only 15-20 kids per grade.  So they are invited to everything, no one is ever excluded unless it's a boy/girl thing.  It's not too busy but some months are more hectic than others.

Mrs_Nelson
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM

very, phone always ringing (cells and house phones) and kids always knocking on the door asking for one of em or inviting them somewhere.  i set 2 weekend days a month that are family days and set a rule that no one can call or come over after 8pm and i just go with the flow the rest of the time.  my boys are teens and 1 tween so they manage their own social calander now but when they were little it drove me nuts.  

just set some concrete times when you do nothing but family things and dont deviate, then be thankful that they are popular instead of friendless.  i can not imagine the pain those moms go through watching their kids suffering and lonely.  makes my kids busy social lives seem like a blessing. 

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My five year old son is very well liked by his classmates and is friends with just about all of them, but friendships are pretty easy at that age. My ten year old brother (I'm the guardian of my siblings) has some behavioral problems due to his upbringing, he used to be a lot worse and only had a couple friends, who were troubled kids themselves, but he's doing a lot better and has made quite a few more friends, he's been invited to most of the birthday parties in his class and gets asked for sleep overs and to come out and play quite often. My 13 year old sister is very well liked, but shes also very quiet, she has a lot of friends but is not friends with the "popular crowd", her own choice because she doesn't like how they treat others. My 17 year old brother is laid back and happy with his small group of friends, he has his group of about a dozen kids that he likes and that are interested in things that he likes. They all go hang out with their friends just about everyday, I'm fine with it. Friends are important.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I don't know. She always has kids from all grades saying "bye Aniyah" when they get off the bus. She's in kindergarten so it's hard to judge lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN