Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

abused women's shelter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Did you know that verbal abuse if done weekly is grounds for admittance? Did you know that your so saying g damn it can be verbal abuse for some shelters?

I'm a little shocked. My male friend's wife left him and took their ds to stay in a shelter for abused women. They're helping her fight for custody of ds. She told the shelter that he yells at her atleast weekly with curse words, but never hit her or called her names.

Wtf? She's addicted to pain pills, sleeps all day and does nothing for ds. My friend had to put the boy in daycare for his safety. He didn't leave her because she was supposedly getting help. Note this happens...i just don't think its right
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilred57
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Abuse is abuse mama. Sometimes verbal/mental abuse is more debilitating and creates more long standing issues within yourself.

That being said I don't know both sides of the story so I won't comment on it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Verbal abuse is still abuse.

My ex absurd me verbally. My DD had nightmares about his abuse for over a year. He never laid a hand on me, I left him the first day it started to get physical and I never went back.

While you may not believe it words CAN and DO cause alot of damage.

If she's being truthful about his yelling and cursing at her weekly she had every reason to leave, especially if he did it in front if the child. That's disgusting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

As far as the abuse goes I can tell you from personal experience that the mental/emotional/verbal scars last far longer than the physical bruises do.  It is a good thing for shelters to take all types of abuse seriously.

As for your friend and his wife I cannot say since I don't know the whole story.

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Abuse is abuse, and verbal abuse can often times lead to physical abuse!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM
There has to be a line.

Get help damn it, isn't abuse. Do something other than lay on the Fing couch. You're going to hurt yourself with those Fing drugs.

Is that abuse?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
But, does using a curse word automatically make it abuse?

Quoting emilysmom8:

Abuse is abuse, and verbal abuse can often times lead to physical abuse!

nicndetsmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM
My friend was considering a shelter because of mental cruelty. The bastard she married told her daily that she was a fat ugly bitch and that he wished she would die already. Id rather be slapped than hear that daily.

Anyway, abuse has a wide spectrum and who are we to judge what is and isn't?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Most of this "abuse" was done over the phone, with witnesses. Mostly, he used the f word in relation to her pills. He didn't even yell.

Quoting Anonymous:

Verbal abuse is still abuse.

My ex absurd me verbally. My DD had nightmares about his abuse for over a year. He never laid a hand on me, I left him the first day it started to get physical and I never went back.

While you may not believe it words CAN and DO cause alot of damage.

If she's being truthful about his yelling and cursing at her weekly she had every reason to leave, especially if he did it in front if the child. That's disgusting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM
That isn't abuse...that's concern.

Been there done that, but I was the one saying it to my husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

There has to be a line.

Get help damn it, isn't abuse. Do something other than lay on the Fing couch. You're going to hurt yourself with those Fing drugs.

Is that abuse?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
That is pretty much what I said.

Quoting Anonymous:

That isn't abuse...that's concern.

Been there done that, but I was the one saying it to my husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

There has to be a line.

Is that abuse?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN