Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this weird? I was pregnant but it was non viable.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

It would have been an awful time to have a baby at that point, and it was almost a blessing it didnt happen.  But there are times I wish it had and think of, "if had had her, she'd be this age..."

I also have always thought of the fetus as a girl, and I had a name picked out, "Lily".

Is that normal?  Am I being weird?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My DDs name is Lily :) her middle name is grace. I dont think  your being weird at all, I think alot of women feel that way sometimes 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

No. My sister had a miscarriage. She said she knows it was a boy. She didn't name him though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Lily Grace is a beautiful name.

Quoting Mel0dy:

My DDs name is Lily :) her middle name is grace. I dont think  your being weird at all, I think alot of women feel that way sometimes 

trailerrrtrash
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM

My 5 yr old's name is Lily :)

No, you're not being weird. I miscarried one pregnancy. I wasn't far enough along to tell, but I know he was a boy. And I think about how old he'd be now, too.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Not weirdnat all.  You were pregnantnwith a child whom younwould have named.  There is nothing wrong with rememberingnher by that name.

CjEmmemommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

No, it's a way to cope. I am sorry for your loss.

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I had  many miscarriages before I had  my son.  No  it was my  way of grieving as well...  I named all of them as well.  Mine were also nonviable or  another wierd for really deformed   my mom had Ectopic and   my mom had a few late term miscarriages and lost my baby brother.  Baby was not formed right to surrive outside the womb.    I named mine was well one was a boy he was named Aries ryan and the other was  Angela Athena and there was Autumn Rose.. How you  grieve sometimes.  

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Hate typing on ipad...ugh

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I don't think it's weird. I would probably have been the same way.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I've nver had a loss, but my mom had six, in her first trimester for all. She thinks because my dad was the seventh son in his family, that all six were boys (her first viable pregnancy was my brother, the 7th son of the 7th son) so she refers to them as boys always. No names that I know of though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured