Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the hell kid

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

My dd is 10. Every night we do homework together...mine for my college classes and hers for school. We put her homework in her bag and the bag on door.  In the mornings a neighbor comes over from the time I leave until dd goes to school.  I received an email from her teacher today. She hasn't turned in homework in two weeks. I found it stuffed behind my china cabinet. WTF?  I know it is there when I go to bed.  Gonna have to talk to the neighbor. Why put the effort into doing the work and not turn it in?  What is going on?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vidiot
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Props to you for pursuing college!  You're a good role model.  But maybe your dd is responsible?  Is she perhaps a teeny bit jealous of not getting all of your undivided attention?  I know my kids had mixed feelings about me going to school...

I hope you'll let us know how it turns out - I do love a mystery : )

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Try asking your dd what is going on in the morning  before school and what is happeneing to her work

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:03 AM
She does her homework but doesn't turn it in...That is weird!! Hope everything works out!
MOMMYSLOVE13
by ♥♥Brandi♥♥ on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:04 AM

My dd did that. She would spend hours on homework and not turn it in. I do not get the reasoning behind all it. 

IndigoOwl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Wait, so you're saying the neighbor kid is stuffing it behind the china cabinet? No, I'd guess that your dd is doing that. Good question, is why though. Obviously there's something going on in her mind. Maybe she doesn't think she did the homework correctly or comletely and doesn't want to turn it in.

*ok I just reread your post and see what you're saying. The neighbor is babysitter her whole your gone, not a neighbor of coming over to be babysat by you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Sounds like a cry for attention. Definitely sit down and have a talk with her and see what is bothering her.
IndigoOwl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I went through a phase as a teenage where I did that...spent hours on a paper or what not and then never handed it in. Of course nobody got to the root of the problem and it took me until I was an adult to realize why. I'm a perfectionist and I never felt like my work was good enough or complete enough even if others may have considered it perfect. It was an anxiety thing. Hope that helps you figure out what's going on with your dd. I wish someone had figured it out for me when I was young.

Quoting MOMMYSLOVE13:

My dd did that. She would spend hours on homework and not turn it in. I do not get the reasoning behind all it. 

MOMMYSLOVE13
by ♥♥Brandi♥♥ on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:56 AM

That is the thing like 95% of her Math work she scored a 100 on. She is really good at math. When I was taking her to school, I asked her about it, becuase it all happened last year, and she said bc the kids would make fun of her for doing her turning in her homework. They were mean to her because she made good grades and that she was just a goody two shoes. I told her that no, those kids could only dream of being that hard working. If they would spend the time doing their work, as they spend running their mouths, they would make pretty good grades too. This year she gotten to go to a different school, and she has been turning in all her work and doing great. I was thinking it was a phase she was going through bc before when I asked her why it was always, I don't know answer. 

Quoting IndigoOwl:

I went through a phase as a teenage where I did that...spent hours on a paper or what not and then never handed it in. Of course nobody got to the root of the problem and it took me until I was an adult to realize why. I'm a perfectionist and I never felt like my work was good enough or complete enough even if others may have considered it perfect. It was an anxiety thing. Hope that helps you figure out what's going on with your dd. I wish someone had figured it out for me when I was young.

Quoting MOMMYSLOVE13:

IndigoOwl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Glad you got to the bottom of it and found a school that works better for her! It's so sad that kids can be so mean. Some day they'll be looking back wishing they had been following your daughter's lead instead of picking on her.

Quoting MOMMYSLOVE13:

That is the thing like 95% of her Math work she scored a 100 on. She is really good at math. When I was taking her to school, I asked her about it, becuase it all happened last year, and she said bc the kids would make fun of her for doing her turning in her homework. They were mean to her because she made good grades and that she was just a goody two shoes. I told her that no, those kids could only dream of being that hard working. If they would spend the time doing their work, as they spend running their mouths, they would make pretty good grades too. This year she gotten to go to a different school, and she has been turning in all her work and doing great. I was thinking it was a phase she was going through bc before when I asked her why it was always, I don't know answer. 

Quoting IndigoOwl:

Quoting MOMMYSLOVE13:

Megan11587
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm confused. Why is this the neighbor's fault?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)