Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your opinion ? drama topic.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
What is your opinion on a woman who chose to have an abortion, and then joins pregnancy loss support groups because she suddenly feels guilty? I'm not talking about a medically needed abortion. I don't see how an elective abortion can be a pregnancy loss. Before you ask I'm pro-choice.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernbelle07
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
In my opinion, I think sometimes women feel pressured to have an abortion, and will regret it. I think they probably need some support for thier guilt. But, I can also see why some would have a problem with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I would feel that the woman had a change of heart and needs support because of her loss.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:02 PM
This. And id be happy she wouldn't become a habitual offender

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I would feel that the woman had a change of heart and needs support because of her loss.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM
But, said woman didn't suffer a loss. She chose to abort because she didn't want her life interrupted by a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

krayzbabylove
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I think that people make mistakes, and nobody needs those mistakes thrown in their face for the rest of their lives. I believe that joining a group like that may have negative effects because of all the emotions involved in miscarriage, but if they can find comfort and forgiveness (which I believe many who regret an abortion may feel like they need) than more power to them. I could never imagine what the regret would feel like in a situation like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My honest opinion, people take the Internet and public forums way too ducking seriously. Let it go. It's a stranger on the Internet. Breathe and let it go.
ANSLUASI
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that like many other things in life, no one knows how an abortion will affect them until after the fact. I don't think a pregnancy loss group is necessarily the right place to deal with it, since most of the women in there are dealing with the unavoidable loss of very much wanted babies and might not be understanding or sympathetic to a mom that aborted her child electively. These women are in a fragile state as well and don't really need to deal with that. I don't think that in this case, anyone's support needs would be particularly well met by the woman joining such a group.

But I do think that a person may feel extreme  loss and need post procedure support and that such support should be offered to them. A unique post abortion support group would be more appropriate and helpful. A lot of people who abort do so not out of callousness, but because they feel up against a wall and see no other option. It is a horrible choice for many women to make, and while I wouldn't have one myself, I can very much understand the hell that a lot of women go through in making this decision.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM

It's still a loss. If you are pro choice, why don't you agree with her choice to feel she lost a baby?

Quoting Anonymous:

But, said woman didn't suffer a loss. She chose to abort because she didn't want her life interrupted by a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
2 moms liked this
Honestly if she needs a support group to help grieve she should have that. I would never want anyone to hurt alone.
Anonymous

I think they should have their own group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)