Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We let a homless man move in

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
3 moms liked this

A guy at my husbands work has had a really rough time. He lost his house in a tornado two years ago. He did not have insurance and in one night lost everything. Yes I know his fault for not having insurance, but he just could not afford it.

Any way we found out he was living in a tent so we decided to let him stay with us. He is a decent guy just having a rough go of it an we have an apartment over our garage so we really do not even have to see him.

I was showing him the place and he is thanking us over and over. He says he has not been able to sleep the past 5 nights because the guy that had given him a bunch of blanket got mad at him and took them back so he had nothing to sleep on.

Yes you heard me someone gave a homeless man blankets got mad at him and in the middle of winter demanded to have the blankets back.  Mind you we are in the south so it is not below 0 here, but it still gets really damn cold. It is suppose to drop to 34 tonight.

I can not think of anything someone would do that would make me so mad I would take blankets from them while they live in a tent during winter.  Can someone be a bigger ass than to take blankets from a homeless man?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow, what a dick taking the blankets back! He is lucky to know nice people like you and your dh. You did a wonderful thing taking him in.
MJuliet
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM

wow! good for you!
You are a very nice family and he is so lucky!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Quoting FoxFire363:

Wow, what a dick taking the blankets back! He is lucky to know nice people like you and your dh. You did a wonderful thing taking him in.

I still can not believe that someone took blankets from a homeless person in the middle of winter. I want to go hit the jerk for doing something so horrible.  I can not even think of words for how wrong that is. 

Lovingmyks
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
That's a really nice thing you're doing and I wish it was more people like you in this world.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

If he lost his house two years ago, why doesn't he have a place to rent from? He has a job you say.
That is nice of your family to do that. I am too paranoid for my family though. Unless I knew the guy well, he wouldn't be staying.

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Totally awesome of you  to do this I hope  you get paid back in kindess as well.... Yes their o our bigger assess than this sadly :) I  thin kyou renwed  my faith in humanity :)

zildjans_mom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
There are good people in this world! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM

That is very kind of you and I hope he appreciates it and doesn't take advantage of your family's generosity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Being homeless he is basically living off fast food which that right there will take a good cut of a pay check, plus paying people to take him to town so he can get some food. So saving up first and last month can not be easy.  Add to that that he has no rental references for the last two years and before that he owned his house o no rental references from then either.  The cards where pretty stacked against him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If he lost his house two years ago, why doesn't he have a place to rent from? He has a job you say.
That is nice of your family to do that. I am too paranoid for my family though. Unless I knew the guy well, he wouldn't be staying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:23 AM

That is very nice of you and your dh to do that.  And the person that took the blankets back from him really needs to grow up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)