Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Family drama!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

So, my sister is getting a divorce from her husband. They're both like, 19/20. They've been married a little over a year and have a small baby together. Turns out, the reason they're divorcing is she was sleeping with his best friend. Ugh...she's a damn moron.

That's bad enough, but then they both display all this on FB, and our dad called her a whore, flat out.

I'm pissed about it because back in December, when they seperated, she told me she has no idea why they seperated, only that he came home one day and decided he was done. WTF? Don't LIE to me...I'm your sister! Ugh. Teenagers.

While I agree with my dad, I dunno I would ever call one of my girls that. Would you call your kid a whore? (Even if it was justified)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Ultimately, what's the worst in all this...is my nephew. He's stuck in the middle of all this, and we'll probably never see him.

Both parents do drugs (recreationally), they enjoy partying (they're young), and his parents end up taking care of the kid most of the time. That poor baby just wants his mom and neither one really cares all that much :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM
That sucks! :/ I would NEVER call my dds that. The main reason I say that is b/c my own father called me one when I was a teenager. (we live in the bible belt) I was 18 and my parents found out I was having sex b/c I had a misscarriage. He called me that because I was angry at my mom for giving an old friend my cell number. I called her a whore, and he told me I was a Jazabel. :/ The sad part is I had only had sex with 1 person. She slept with the ENTIRE football team. (literaly).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM

No I would never call her a whore. My sil called my 8 year old dd a slut and I saw how it affected her ( a year later I am still dealing with it) I know even in her early 20's it would devistate her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Well, I'm not condoning my dad saying that, because I don't think I could say that to my girls. But they have a VERY bad relationship. He got custody of her when she was 14, from her mom (we have different moms), and its been a fight ever since.

She moved out at 18 because she didn't like the rules, does drugs, parties, never went to school (just dropped out of high school one day), and will talk crap about our dad constantly. She lies about everything (I was stupid to give her the benefit of the doubt), is manipulative...she's just an all around horrible person. It disappoints him, but he says he's done trying to be a dad to her. SHE doesn't want him and is tired of being hurt by his own child.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I would never call her a whore. My sil called my 8 year old dd a slut and I saw how it affected her ( a year later I am still dealing with it) I know even in her early 20's it would devistate her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM

She obviously hasn't learned how to be a real woman, so your dad has every right to try to teach her that her behavior is unacceptable.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I wouldn't.  I would talk to them in private if their behavior concerned me.  My mom called me a whore.  I didn't much appreciate it.  Especially since I am far from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I'm not saying what your father did was right or wrong. You asked a question and I answered it. But I do think there is a time and a place and airing your dirty laundry on fb is tacky. She may have "deserved" it. She may not have. I have cut my entire family off for what my sil did. That was the last time the have seen my kids and they will not see them until my kids turn 18. Then they can pick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I'm not condoning my dad saying that, because I don't think I could say that to my girls. But they have a VERY bad relationship. He got custody of her when she was 14, from her mom (we have different moms), and its been a fight ever since.

She moved out at 18 because she didn't like the rules, does drugs, parties, never went to school (just dropped out of high school one day), and will talk crap about our dad constantly. She lies about everything (I was stupid to give her the benefit of the doubt), is manipulative...she's just an all around horrible person. It disappoints him, but he says he's done trying to be a dad to her. SHE doesn't want him and is tired of being hurt by his own child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM

No no, I completely understand. I guess I was just trying to make myself understand everything :/ It's a tough situation...and like my dad, I'm hurt too. I don't want to be lied to because as family, I wanted her to feel like she could come to me, but I guess not. Your situation though, shit, seriously, I'd be doing the EXACT same thing. I can't imagine telling an 8 year old CHILD that!!

Hell I'm considering keeping my girls away from my sister, myself. If THIS is what she's doing with her life, it's nothing good, and I don't want them exposed to that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not saying what your father did was right or wrong. You asked a question and I answered it. But I do think there is a time and a place and airing your dirty laundry on fb is tacky. She may have "deserved" it. She may not have. I have cut my entire family off for what my sil did. That was the last time the have seen my kids and they will not see them until my kids turn 18. Then they can pick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I would have to say yes. She can not get stuff sugar coated through life and I will not be the only one to do it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM

True.

My dad didn't actually say this to her face either. He called me, we discussed it, and he told ME he thought she was a whore and acting like her mother did when they were together.

It's just tough to hear your parent say that about a sibling, even if she is ACTING like one. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have to say yes. She can not get stuff sugar coated through life and I will not be the only one to do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN