Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I married an abusive man...Edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I got married at 17. He was 18. He'd lived a very sheltered life. Had never had a friend outside of his family, and had been homeschooled.

Before the wedding, I had only seen his family in public places. I didn't know about the scars on his back and legs from being switched by his parents. When I saw them, he cried and told me everything. That's how I spent my honeymoon.

Two years pass, with no problems. He has been in therapy to help him deal with his childhood. Then, he snapped. He came home from work one day, told me that I was worthless, a waste of human existence. I went to our room and cried. Then I packed a duffle with some clothes.

He caught me before I could get to the door. He hit me repeatedly. I fell, hitting my head on the table. When I woke up, I was tied up on the closet. He was crying, giving himself excuses as to why it happened. He made me promise not to leave him. I promised. He let me out. I spent the weekend in our house with him. I acted like the perfect wife.

I left an hour after he went to work on Monday. I needed 37 stitches, had 4 broken ribs and a concussion. O haven't seen him outside of court since that day. But, he was never convicted...

Edit
I got the divorce. He was able to get Co workers to lie about where he was for the entire weekend, and that he was going to divorce me. I was portrayed as a crazy woman in court, instead of the victim that I was. It was 5 people swaying one thing, and me alone saying the other. Reasonable doubt at its darkest.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I still worry that I'll run into him one day
RLT2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Did you get a divorce?

Mrs.H15
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Why wasn't he convicted?!
Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM

"37 stitches, had 4 broken ribs and a concussion"

My God, that's horrible. How is he not in jail?! I'm so glad you got away. So many women wont leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes!

Quoting RLT2:

Did you get a divorce?

Mrs_Nelson
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

wow.  I am glad you had the strength to leave.  too often you hear about women staying for one reason or another and usually it ends in tragedy.  stay strong.

RLT2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Why in the world wasn't he convicted? Those are some serious injuries!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yes!

Quoting RLT2:

Did you get a divorce?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM
((((hugs)))) was he legally prosecuted???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM
He had a few Co workers claim he'd been with them at a party during the time I claimed it happened, and that he hadn't gone home all weekend bedside he was leaving me.

Quoting Mamabear010:

"37 stitches, had 4 broken ribs and a concussion"

My God, that's horrible. How is he not in jail?! I'm so glad you got away. So many women wont leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Updated to answer questions. Thanks for the hugs and concern. I'm ok now. Wishing my story had a happier ending so it could help someone else. Maybe this will help

I'm now engaged to a great guy who loves me and dd so much. He's held me when I dream about the x. He's paying for therapy so I can deal with this mess in a healthy way. We're thinking about ttc, but not for while yet. Life after abuse is real. You don't have to stay. There are places you can go, people who will help you.

It didn't matter if its words or fists, you deserve better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN