Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 16 Replies

I get my 3 year old a card, toy and candy.

Any other couples not celebrate?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this

We don't either.  We "celebrate" each other at least twice a week.  We don't need a holiday for that.

And by "celebrate" I may or may not mean sex, but I do mean we do special things for each other too ;)

kellymarie323
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM
We don't really. The first year we dated he bought me a card and teddy bear aww but now we just get our daughters gifts. Sometimes we go to dinner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

We don't either. And, I've never really understood the point of getting kids something for Valentine's Day, so we don't do that either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Dierks Bentley doesn't celebrate valentines day either ...
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Nah but our son has noticed all the valentine decor in the stores so I think I will use it as a reason to have him make cards and mail them to all the grandmas and aunts. I Dont really like a lot of holidays but seeing him smile over it just makes it worth it to grin and bear it lol
mamabear55
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Lol, it doesn't really make sense, but he's always my little valentine!

Quoting sissyboogs:

We don't either. And, I've never really understood the point of getting kids something for Valentine's Day, so we don't do that either. 

happymama2D
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM
We don't either ... it's just not a big deal to me. I'll get my boys a little treat though, and it's my parent's 43rd wedding anniversary on this Valentine's Day ... which I think is awesome!
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:50 PM
We don't. We're Orthodox Jews and got us, it's really just another made-up "holiday" that has no significance whatsoever. We don't need a day to celebrate our love.
MrsMedina90
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM
No it's the anniversary of his close friends death.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.  Sometimes he gets me flowers and I get him sugar free chocolates (he is diabetic). 

A couple of years ago I made a big yummy dinner.  I worked hard on it to make it all just perfect and romantic.  I put a nice tablecloth on the table and lit some candles.  I put on makeup, did my hair, dressed in nicer clothes than I normally wear.   He acted like he didn't even notice.  I could have stayed in my sweat pants and served him frozen pizza in front of the tv and gotten the same reaction, or lack of reaction, that is. Dumb man!  lol  I had some other things planned for later that night, but since he didn't care about the dinner, I just went to bed early. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN