Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this mean?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I saw another post about the delivery room and I've been thinking hard on who I want in there. With my daughter I had her dad and my mom. Now with this baby I was thinking I want my husband of course, my mom, and my best friend. My question being, I don't know if I want MIL in there, I love her to death and we have a good relationship but I'm just not sure about delivery. I'm ok if the inlaws are at the hospital but I don't want my room packed. I'm afraid of hurting feelings. How many of you had MIL in the room?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I made everyone else but dh stand behind a curtain in the room. 

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I would not and did not have my MIL in the room either time I gave birth. 

My mom was in the room when my brother's girlfriend delivered though. Actually, I was too. 

Harmonytmrrw
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
My boyfriend and my mom were the only two I let in while I was delivering. My FIL came up to visit because we thought I wasn't going to have the baby until later that night but he turned around when my son was ready to come out. He must of been ready for his big appearance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM

In my opinion, it's the delivery of your baby and you should only have who you are comfortable with in that room. Screw hurting feelings. But, I understand where you're coming from. Maybe let her hang out while you're in labor and if you get uncomfortable with her there, you can ask her to step out? Or maybe if you just don't want her in there, maybe she can keep your other kids for you, that way she has a special job to do and that may take the sting out of not being there when this baby arrives.

I didn't have MIL in the delivery room, but that's because my first was an emergency c-section, so dh was the only one in there. I had another section for my second. 

squocket
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Don't sweat it. Birth is about you and your baby. You don't owe anyone else that experience.

Personally, I only had my partner and the midwives at my birth. Didn't think any of my family members could keep it together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:08 PM
With my first I almost regretted my mom being in there because I was all about keeping the room calm and quiet but my mom kept talking to me lol and throwing off my concentration. To me the quiet helped so much!

Quoting squocket:

Don't sweat it. Birth is about you and your baby. You don't owe anyone else that experience.

Personally, I only had my partner and the midwives at my birth. Didn't think any of my family members could keep it together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I thought about having her watch our 4 year old actually.

Quoting Anonymous:

In my opinion, it's the delivery of your baby and you should only have who you are comfortable with in that room. Screw hurting feelings. But, I understand where you're coming from. Maybe let her hang out while you're in labor and if you get uncomfortable with her there, you can ask her to step out? Or maybe if you just don't want her in there, maybe she can keep your other kids for you, that way she has a special job to do and that may take the sting out of not being there when this baby arrives.

I didn't have MIL in the delivery room, but that's because my first was an emergency c-section, so dh was the only one in there. I had another section for my second. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I had my DH there and I wish he hadn't been.  I feel it would have been a much better experience if it were private between me and my child (and the doctor).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I allowed my MIL to stay.
Beth3721
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I didn't.  Most nurses will help you with what you want.  They could probably fib for you and tell them that they can only have so many people in the room and you chose so and so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN