Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you give your kids to help them sleep at night????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 227 Replies

I have 2 kids both have adhd. My daughter is 13 and always has  trouble sleeping don't go to sleep until at least 11pm and is up at 3 am. and my son is on meds to help him sleep but it don't seem to be working anymore. He took his script meds at 7:45 and it is now 11:20 and he is still awake. My husband says we need to up his dosage but i don't want to. I would prefer to take him off of the meds being that he already3 different meds as it and i would love to take him off of that one.

So what do you give your kids to help them sleep at night.

Thanks

edit my son is 9 almost 10. he has adhd, ODD, and bipolar. He takes meds for his adhd and bipolar in the morning and take a small dosage of meds at 1 at school for his adhd. at 7:45 we give clonidine to help him sleep and his bedtime is 8pm. they eat at 6 take showers at 7 and bed at 8. it has been like that since they started school. they have to get up at 6am. my daughter get on the bus at 7 and my son get up at 7 to get ready for school. I don't want to add another meds, i want to take him off of the clonidine and possible put him on something over the counter so we won't have to up the clonidine. i would like to get him off of some of his meds.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM
5 moms liked this
Umm a hug...wtf
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Nothing. Doc to their doc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM

a bed, pillow, and blanket? i don't have ds any meds or supplements or anything.

DeviousDiva360
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
A long day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Melatonin, but very randomly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kfroz0415
1 mom liked this
Cuddles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirchard
1 mom liked this
A kiss and hug and most importantly a story.

My kids go to bed, no problems :) yes I know Im lucky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM
4 moms liked this

yea well let hear you say wtf when you have a kid that is up at 2am and hasn't slept at all and then has to get up at 6am for school. you say wtf when he don't get enough sleep and because of that he is having problem at school. Or you have a child that you endup fighting with when you have to get her up at 6am and she is irritible because she only got 3 hours of sleep because she suffer from insomia. A HUG ISN'T GOING TO HELP THAT.

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm a hug...wtf

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Sorry mama, all of mine actually like bedtime.

Good luck.

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Melatonin when his sleep pattern goes wonky. He has brain damage so occasionally he needs a little help shutting out his environment. 1.5 mg 30 minutes prior to bedtime , quiet relaxing patting and rocking and then hopefully he falls asleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured