Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know who the father is can I get cash assistance?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 97 Replies

Just a question not actually about me. I am just wondering is it possible to lie to the state and tell them I don't know who the father is even though I do? How does this work??

And if you know someone that is doing this and knows who the father is what can you do? Can you turn them in for fraud?? What would happen?

I personally dont see how anyone could lie about such a thing.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM
6 moms liked this

hahaha @ "not actually about me".

Sure, sure.

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM

BAHAHAHA! GOOD LUCK WITH THIS POST!!! 

*sits and waits*

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I could have just posted anon I dont really care what you think. Keep it movin if you dont have any advice.

Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My sil does it and she lives with the father. His name isnt on the birth cert. For some reason. She says he is just a roommate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

If a woman doesn't know who the father is ...then she needs a BRAIN. What a dumbass. And she's a slut.So, I guess all she cares about is money, huh? Not morals?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM
3 moms liked this

So you are asking how to commit welfare fraud?

The point is that the state gets to replenish the funds it uses to support the child by getting CS from the non-custodial parent.  Why would you ever want to interfere with that.  It's the right thing to do.  He made a baby, he needs to support the baby.  Why would anyone want to make the taxpayers do it alone?  I would report anyone who did that in a heartbeat!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Don't know anybody who has done that, but why would I turn them in if they need it for their kids? I just mind my business...

Edit..I wouldn't do it. Its not worth it. Make whoever it is pay, had to think about your post. But if you truly don't know who the father is then let the worker know. If you do then you should turn him in. Why not? He can up and leave at anytime and never come back. Then what?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

NO.

I will do what I want, Sir.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I could have just posted anon I dont really care what you think. Keep it movin if you dont have any advice.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, they can be turned in for fraud and they can be subpoenaed to do a DNA test. Then any and all benefits received must be paid back and you would no longer be eligible to ever receive benefits. 

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I guess I could go into more detail maybe that will help..... LOL

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)