Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know who the father is can I get cash assistance?

Just a question not actually about me. I am just wondering is it possible to lie to the state and tell them I don't know who the father is even though I do? How does this work??

And if you know someone that is doing this and knows who the father is what can you do? Can you turn them in for fraud?? What would happen?

I personally dont see how anyone could lie about such a thing.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Ill mind my own business. Sometimes it is the absolute best the father (and even mothers) not to be in a childs life. Whats going to happen if you report it and ask you who the dad is, you give them the name, and they establish paternity and he ends up psychoing out and killing the child?

There are CRAZY people out there, and usually a mother knows when its the best for the child to be involved in a childs life. Sometimes the best thing a father can do is be uninvolved. Unless you have walked whoever youre talking about shoes, then dont judge and mind your own damn business. for real!

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Quoting acrogodess:

Yes, they can be turned in for fraud and they can be subpoenaed to do a DNA test. Then any and all benefits received must be paid back and you would no longer be eligible to ever receive benefits. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

So you are planning on committing fraud then? (If it isn't about you, don't put it all in first person.)

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I assume if his name was on the BC it would be harder to lie then LOL

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

My sil does it and she lives with the father. His name isnt on the birth cert. For some reason. She says he is just a roommate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought you had to tell them unless.it was rape and they.would do.dna tests?you can always look on their website...idk if that would help but heres a bump..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
He will have to pay if you turn her in.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I guess I could go into more detail maybe that will help..... LOL

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

SDarvasi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Well all know it's her. She's playing the "I could have posted anon if I wanted to hide something but it's really not about me" card...lol

Quoting NBean311:

So you are planning on committing fraud then? (If it isn't about you, don't put it all in first person.)

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Then you should still mind your own business... and keep your bfs in check so they dont go around knocking up dumb broads....

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I guess I could go into more detail maybe that will help..... LOL

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I totally agree I just posted some more info on the situation.....and she does know who the father is allegedly she just doesnt want him to have to pay CS I guess??? And why i dont know. If the BD doesnt want a relationship wouldnt you atleast make the AHOLE pay???

Quoting Anonymous:

If a woman doesn't know who the father is ...then she needs a BRAIN. What a dumbass. And she's a slut.So, I guess all she cares about is money, huh? Not morals?

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM

If the name of the dad is on the birth certificate I don't see how they would get away with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)