Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know who the father is can I get cash assistance?

Just a question not actually about me. I am just wondering is it possible to lie to the state and tell them I don't know who the father is even though I do? How does this work??

And if you know someone that is doing this and knows who the father is what can you do? Can you turn them in for fraud?? What would happen?

I personally dont see how anyone could lie about such a thing.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly im doing this. i know who my dd's father is but hes never been in the picture. hes not on the bc. hes a horrible person. i wouod never want him around my child. but yes i get fs. btw her father has 8 other kids he doesnt take care of. im doing the best for my dd. she didnt ask to be put in a situation from a stupid decision i made as a teenager
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Most people don't keep their relationship status quiet. I understand some people sleep around and really are not sure about who the father is, but many are just looking to get over on the government and there are plenty of judgy people out there who would and will report possible fraud. If the mother and presumed father are called in and he tests that he isn't the father, not was lost except for time.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Ok i understand that but If she doesnt "know" who the father is ...how does anyone else find out LOL

Quoting acrogodess:

Yes, they can be turned in for fraud and they can be subpoenaed to do a DNA test. Then any and all benefits received must be paid back and you would no longer be eligible to ever receive benefits. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Not in all states . In most it's from the date of filing . If she states she didn't know she will be held jointly responsible

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if you turn her in your bf will pay CS. But if she's one to live off the system and you don't say anything then she can claim she knows who the father is Years down the road and he'll have to pay back child support for all those years.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I guess I could go into more detail maybe that will help..... LOL

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Sorry I work for a living and I know who my baby daddy is LOL and if he was good enough for me to have sex with he is good enough to be held finacially responsible for said child. But you would rather sit on your ass defraud the state and deny your childs right to a better life finacially????? And it is my business it involves me. Thank you though:)

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Ill mind my own business. Sometimes it is the absolute best the father (and even mothers) not to be in a childs life. Whats going to happen if you report it and ask you who the dad is, you give them the name, and they establish paternity and he ends up psychoing out and killing the child?

There are CRAZY people out there, and usually a mother knows when its the best for the child to be involved in a childs life. Sometimes the best thing a father can do is be uninvolved. Unless you have walked whoever youre talking about shoes, then dont judge and mind your own damn business. for real!

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

People lie about it and get away with it too.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Women lie all of the time when they don't want the man contacted or involved in the child's life. It is possible to say you don't know, but you will be pressured to give a name and info on the suspected father. If an applicant knows who the father is and lies, they are guilty of fraud.

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Okay so I can say she is frauding them but how will they prove that she knows who the father is????

Quoting acrogodess:

Yes, they can be turned in for fraud and they can be subpoenaed to do a DNA test. Then any and all benefits received must be paid back and you would no longer be eligible to ever receive benefits. 

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I would guess there is tons of sluts who dont know who the BD is do they test all the John's a prostitute slept with????

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought you had to tell them unless.it was rape and they.would do.dna tests?you can always look on their website...idk if that would help but heres a bump..

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I understand that thanks she did this with her first child and plans on doing it with this new baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

He will have to pay if you turn her in.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I guess I could go into more detail maybe that will help..... LOL

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

No, youre just being close minded. She obviously knows to, you stated she knows who the baby daddy is.. YOUR BOYFRIEND is the daddy.This has nothing to me, so why are you accusing me of sitting on my ass?  Id rather lie for my childrens saftey than to get child support. If your bf was worth a damn then hed 1)file a petition to establish custody 2)be willing to pay child support willinly so she and that baby doesnt have to be on welfare 3) wouldnt have layed down with a chick that "wasnt good enough to have sex with.That part goes both ways. Quit acting dumb. How old are you anyway? For fuck sakes!

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Sorry I work for a living and I know who my baby daddy is LOL and if he was good enough for me to have sex with he is good enough to be held finacially responsible for said child. But you would rather sit on your ass defraud the state and deny your childs right to a better life finacially????? And it is my business it involves me. Thank you though:)

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Ill mind my own business. Sometimes it is the absolute best the father (and even mothers) not to be in a childs life. Whats going to happen if you report it and ask you who the dad is, you give them the name, and they establish paternity and he ends up psychoing out and killing the child?

There are CRAZY people out there, and usually a mother knows when its the best for the child to be involved in a childs life. Sometimes the best thing a father can do is be uninvolved. Unless you have walked whoever youre talking about shoes, then dont judge and mind your own damn business. for real!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)