Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know who the father is can I get cash assistance?

Just a question not actually about me. I am just wondering is it possible to lie to the state and tell them I don't know who the father is even though I do? How does this work??

And if you know someone that is doing this and knows who the father is what can you do? Can you turn them in for fraud?? What would happen?

I personally dont see how anyone could lie about such a thing.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM

How dumb can someone get? If you are going to call and report you then you should have the balls to say who the father is.. duh...

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Okay so I can say she is frauding them but how will they prove that she knows who the father is????

Quoting acrogodess:

Yes, they can be turned in for fraud and they can be subpoenaed to do a DNA test. Then any and all benefits received must be paid back and you would no longer be eligible to ever receive benefits. 

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM

LOL we were separated but good point ;) 

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Then you should still mind your own business... and keep your bfs in check so they dont go around knocking up dumb broads....

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I guess I could go into more detail maybe that will help..... LOL

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I have 2 children with 2 different deadbeats. Yes, my mistake. However when I received cash assistance in the past they went after my oldest DD father for child support since I was receiving welfare, and for my second daughter I signed a paper to protect my safety NOT to go after him for child support. They are both listed on birth certificates. I do not receive cash anymore since I've gotten a job. No reason to commit fraud here.
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Whoever the person who turns them in names as the possible father would be called in for a DNA test. If the test comes up positive and she stated she didn't know who the father was they would both be hit with fraud charges. Just because you don't list someone on the birth certificate doesn't mean you don't "know" and if someone else puts two and two together about the child's father, the court doesn't care by then what you say when they have a father who tested positive before them. They will automatically assume you lied to get benefits. You asked a question, I am merely answering. There are more and more cases where the noncustodial parent is not identified until after the child is an adult and the state is still coming after them for repayment. I worked for the child support helpline in my state and we handle calls for both the people receiving their child  support payments, as well as people who had a case opened for them by the state. 

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Okay so I can say she is frauding them but how will they prove that she knows who the father is????

Quoting acrogodess:

Yes, they can be turned in for fraud and they can be subpoenaed to do a DNA test. Then any and all benefits received must be paid back and you would no longer be eligible to ever receive benefits. 

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I agree having a child isn't a freakin disease or handi cap. That isnt a excuse to sit on your ass, lie and collect tazpayers money. And dont get me wrong I have been on assistance before. Legit assistance

Quoting Anonymous:

Fraud is Fraud and if and when they get caught I hope they throw the book at them..Some people just have no morals or honor...I question how they were raised and what type of parents they have....No wonder our Government is in the condition it's in...everyone wants  something for FREE.  They need to get off their asses and work for it like every other generation has.    THIEVES!!

gigis1
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM

i could get cash assist where im from, i live with the father, i dont have to deny anything but they would give me it if im not working or dont make enough, regardless of being married or living with the father

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM

LOL likely story this is why I am asking questions :)

Quoting Sassy762:

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Yes its fraud. And they may make you pay back any befits you received. Also you can be held legally accountable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM

But how can she lie now and then 10 years later magically know who the father is????

Quoting Anonymous:

Well if you turn her in your bf will pay CS. But if she's one to live off the system and you don't say anything then she can claim she knows who the father is Years down the road and he'll have to pay back child support for all those years.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I guess I could go into more detail maybe that will help..... LOL

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM
My sister had 3 guys tested one was the dad she had to tell the da who the father was when she got aid but this was 10 yrs ago laws change..

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I would guess there is tons of sluts who dont know who the BD is do they test all the John's a prostitute slept with????

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought you had to tell them unless.it was rape and they.would do.dna tests?you can always look on their website...idk if that would help but heres a bump..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured