Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't know who the father is can I get cash assistance?

Just a question not actually about me. I am just wondering is it possible to lie to the state and tell them I don't know who the father is even though I do? How does this work??

And if you know someone that is doing this and knows who the father is what can you do? Can you turn them in for fraud?? What would happen?

I personally dont see how anyone could lie about such a thing.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (51-60):
lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM

But how do you prove something like that??? With texts and such??/ Voicemails??

Quoting tossed:

Women lie all of the time when they don't want the man contacted or involved in the child's life. It is possible to say you don't know, but you will be pressured to give a name and info on the suspected father. If an applicant knows who the father is and lies, they are guilty of fraud.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I worked for a state agency. You would not believe the number of people who call in tips every day. A sil gets mad and calls; bff has a fight and calls, etc. Now, with social media, info is readily available about people. 

Quoting lendales_mommi:

But how do you prove something like that??? With texts and such??/ Voicemails??

Quoting tossed:

Women lie all of the time when they don't want the man contacted or involved in the child's life. It is possible to say you don't know, but you will be pressured to give a name and info on the suspected father. If an applicant knows who the father is and lies, they are guilty of fraud.

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM

LOL I am the opposite of a close minded person. THIS LADY is a leech and plans on using my BD's child to suck more money out of the state while she sits oh her ass and has no job!!! Her child is in no danger LOL or she would have never slept with my BF. I am 23 if that matters and i didnt mean to accuse you of sitting on your ass but you seem to be very close minded. SHE IS A FRAUD!!!! That needs to get a JOB and support her children if she doesnt want their daddies too!!!!!

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

No, youre just being close minded. She obviously knows to, you stated she knows who the baby daddy is.. YOUR BOYFRIEND is the daddy.This has nothing to me, so why are you accusing me of sitting on my ass?  Id rather lie for my childrens saftey than to get child support. If your bf was worth a damn then hed 1)file a petition to establish custody 2)be willing to pay child support willinly so she and that baby doesnt have to be on welfare 3) wouldnt have layed down with a chick that "wasnt good enough to have sex with.That part goes both ways. Quit acting dumb. How old are you anyway? For fuck sakes!

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Sorry I work for a living and I know who my baby daddy is LOL and if he was good enough for me to have sex with he is good enough to be held finacially responsible for said child. But you would rather sit on your ass defraud the state and deny your childs right to a better life finacially????? And it is my business it involves me. Thank you though:)

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Ill mind my own business. Sometimes it is the absolute best the father (and even mothers) not to be in a childs life. Whats going to happen if you report it and ask you who the dad is, you give them the name, and they establish paternity and he ends up psychoing out and killing the child?

There are CRAZY people out there, and usually a mother knows when its the best for the child to be involved in a childs life. Sometimes the best thing a father can do is be uninvolved. Unless you have walked whoever youre talking about shoes, then dont judge and mind your own damn business. for real!

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I can say I know but how will that prove she lied about knowing......how will that prove fraud??

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

How dumb can someone get? If you are going to call and report you then you should have the balls to say who the father is.. duh...

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Okay so I can say she is frauding them but how will they prove that she knows who the father is????

Quoting acrogodess:

Yes, they can be turned in for fraud and they can be subpoenaed to do a DNA test. Then any and all benefits received must be paid back and you would no longer be eligible to ever receive benefits. 

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I guess I could go into more detail maybe that will help..... LOL

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

Well, if your bf is the father and he does not want to possibly be hit with backpay to state in the future, just have him request a DNA test. It will be on record that he requested the test and be better for his interests in the long run assuming he wants a relationship with his child that she can't simply deny.

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Thank you so MUCH for you answer i got alot from that. So basically I could call CS and report it or Medicaid and then I would give them the names and they would go from there..

Quoting acrogodess:

Whoever the person who turns them in names as the possible father would be called in for a DNA test. If the test comes up positive and she stated she didn't know who the father was they would both be hit with fraud charges. Just because you don't list someone on the birth certificate doesn't mean you don't "know" and if someone else puts two and two together about the child's father, the court doesn't care by then what you say when they have a father who tested positive before them. They will automatically assume you lied to get benefits. You asked a question, I am merely answering. There are more and more cases where the noncustodial parent is not identified until after the child is an adult and the state is still coming after them for repayment. I worked for the child support helpline in my state and we handle calls for both the people receiving their child  support payments, as well as people who had a case opened for them by the state. 

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Okay so I can say she is frauding them but how will they prove that she knows who the father is????

Quoting acrogodess:

Yes, they can be turned in for fraud and they can be subpoenaed to do a DNA test. Then any and all benefits received must be paid back and you would no longer be eligible to ever receive benefits. 

brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Have you been with your bf for a while or did he cheat on you.....But yeah, report her for fraud.  But she will likely come after your BF for child support.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I know someone who did this and plans on doing it again in the near future. She is pregnant by my BF. I want to know if she lies and says she doesnt know who the father is if I can turn her in or should I turn her in. She is the type who would rather sit on her but collecting then actually get a JOB. I am not sure why she chose to do this  I guess maybe to keep from there being drama and the fact that the BD wanted nothing to do with her first kid

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

The burden of proof is on her, not on you. You report the fraud and the name of the possible father. The court calls him and her in to order a DNA test. If the test comes up positive, she is hit for the fraud charges. If he knows he is the father and HE requests the DNA test, he is not held liable for her lies.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

I can say I know but how will that prove she lied about knowing......how will that prove fraud??

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

How dumb can someone get? If you are going to call and report you then you should have the balls to say who the father is.. duh...

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Quoting acrogodess:

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:02 AM

My pleasure. Again, your bf's  best bet would be to turn her in himself so he doesn't get in trouble with her.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Thank you so MUCH for you answer i got alot from that. So basically I could call CS and report it or Medicaid and then I would give them the names and they would go from there..

Quoting acrogodess:

Whoever the person who turns them in names as the possible father would be called in for a DNA test. If the test comes up positive and she stated she didn't know who the father was they would both be hit with fraud charges. Just because you don't list someone on the birth certificate doesn't mean you don't "know" and if someone else puts two and two together about the child's father, the court doesn't care by then what you say when they have a father who tested positive before them. They will automatically assume you lied to get benefits. You asked a question, I am merely answering. There are more and more cases where the noncustodial parent is not identified until after the child is an adult and the state is still coming after them for repayment. I worked for the child support helpline in my state and we handle calls for both the people receiving their child  support payments, as well as people who had a case opened for them by the state. 

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Quoting acrogodess:

lendales_mommi
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:26 AM

& years broke up for a year and he got her pregant. and i personally dont care about him paying CS that is his responsibilty in my eyes at the minimum

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Have you been with your bf for a while or did he cheat on you.....But yeah, report her for fraud.  But she will likely come after your BF for child support.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)