Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know who the father is can I get cash assistance?

Just a question not actually about me. I am just wondering is it possible to lie to the state and tell them I don't know who the father is even though I do? How does this work??

And if you know someone that is doing this and knows who the father is what can you do? Can you turn them in for fraud?? What would happen?

I personally dont see how anyone could lie about such a thing.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (91-97):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

My sil does it and she lives with the father. His name isnt on the birth cert. For some reason. She says he is just a roommate.

Have you reported her for welfare fraud?

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:21 AM
My thoughts exactly!

Quoting SDarvasi:

hahaha @ "not actually about me".

Sure, sure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM

LOL. Here's what I did , what I believe and also what my friends and relatives believe :

You don't sleep around. You wait until you are mature and in a committed relationship to have sex. With one person.

You don't use sex and babies to extort money from guys. OKAY?

And you know what ,birth control does work but you have to be able to read the instructions and use it every time!.

These women who sleep with more than one guy at a  time are either incredibly dumb or sluts.

And I'm not perfect ...I am just smart and I have morals.I am not being "harsh". You are so young and naive. PPL....lol....PEOPLE are being stupid if they make THIS kind of mistake.

Quoting lilmommy10805:

Quoting Anonymous: Wow that's harsh there's a lot ppl out there make mistakes and sleep around isn't right but seriously to name call. Are you perfect? 

If a woman doesn't know who the father is ...then she needs a BRAIN. What a dumbass. And she's a slut.So, I guess all she cares about is money, huh? Not morals?

lilmommy10805
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:I do have morals and I do not sleep around but I did as a teen not because I was dumb but because I was sexually abused and had no father figure. Does that make it right? No I learned from what I did at 16 years old got pregnant even got cervical cancer from sleeping around. I do not act stuck up and call women "sluts" but show compassion no one ever reached anyone from calling names or insulting on another. I am married now and haven't slept with another man since I was 16 years old. Women should not use babies or men for money it's wrong. By the way I am not naive and yes I may be young but I am educated. 

LOL. Here's what I did , what I believe and also what my friends and relatives believe :

You don't sleep around. You wait until you are mature and in a committed relationship to have sex. With one person.

And you know what ,birth control does work but you have to be able to read the instructions and use it every time!.

These women who sleep with more than one guy at a  time are either incredibly dumb or sluts.

And I'm not perfect ...I am just smart and I have morals.I am not being "harsh". You are so young and naive. PPL....lol....PEOPLE are being stupid if they make THIS kind of mistake.

Quoting lilmommy10805:

Quoting Anonymous: Wow that's harsh there's a lot ppl out there make mistakes and sleep around isn't right but seriously to name call. Are you perfect? 

If a woman doesn't know who the father is ...then she needs a BRAIN. What a dumbass. And she's a slut.So, I guess all she cares about is money, huh? Not morals?

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I am sorry that you were abused and I guess that is a factor in making bad choices.

I am discussing what the OP has said about her friend who doesn't know who the father of her baby is,.okay? Stay on topic. Her friend is a loser who is using her baby to extort money from a guy...or two guys? Its wrong.

Quoting lilmommy10805:

Quoting Anonymous:I do have morals and I do not sleep around but I did as a teen not because I was dumb but because I was sexually abused and had no father figure. Does that make it right? No I learned from what I did at 16 years old got pregnant even got cervical cancer from sleeping around. I do not act stuck up and call women "sluts" but show compassion no one ever reached anyone from calling names or insulting on another. I am married now and haven't slept with another man since I was 16 years old. Women should not use babies or men for money it's wrong. By the way I am not naive and yes I may be young but I am educated. 

Quoting lilmommy10805:

Euphorikmomma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

From what I understand (maybe) when a woman signs up for cash assistance and does not know the father, they(welfare and child support division) pretty much ask her for names so they can persue paternity tests and such.

I could be wrong however, my ex got slapped with a paternity request from an ex-gf that he had not seen/spoken to in 10 years.  The paternity search only got kicked up when she tried applying for cash assistance.

lilmommy10805
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Lying and using a guy for money is wrong I agree. I just hate seeing women calling other women names when we do not understand all of the situtation. 

I am sorry that you were abused and I guess that is a factor in making bad choices.

I am discussing what the OP has said about her friend who doesn't know who the father of her baby is,.okay? Stay on topic. Her friend is a loser who is using her baby to extort money from a guy...or two guys? Its wrong.

Quoting lilmommy10805:

Quoting lilmommy10805:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured