Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HELP!!! Mama's with acne....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

since i was 14 ive had horrible acne. in the last three months, i think it's gotten worse than it has ever been before. alot of it i believe is hormonal but having sensitve, super oily yet dry skin does not help.

i need some help!!! any of you with bad acne, have you found any products that help?! I am so tired of not even wanting to leave the house because of my face. i hate going to the dermotologist because they never listen to me and every thing they give me just tears my face apart because i am so sensitive.

HELP ME!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Accutane. The end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM

i've been considering it. i heard you have to be on two different types of birth control on it because of really bad birth defects but i dont like taking birth control and will most likely be trying to get pregnant again within 6 months.  is that true?

Quoting Anonymous:

Accutane. The end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I wash my face with baking soda/water paste and rinse with cold water then apply coconut oil and let sit for 5 minutes then rinse with cold water.
Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Castile soap and Raw Shea Butter mixed with honey. I swear by this. I had severe acne before i statred using this and now I rarely have a pimple. I wish you the best. 

parentalrights1
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Have you tried proactive?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous:

i've been considering it. i heard you have to be on two different types of birth control on it because of really bad birth defects but i dont like taking birth control and will most likely be trying to get pregnant again within 6 months.  is that true?

Quoting Anonymous:

Accutane. The end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM

yupp like 15 times...dries me out really bad and doesn't do anything to help with the acne.

Quoting parentalrights1:

Have you tried proactive?

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Dermalogica is wonderful stuff. It seriously saved my skin. It's a little pricy, but I buy each product maybe once a year, because its super concentrated. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM

i'll have to look into that, thank you

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Castile soap and Raw Shea Butter mixed with honey. I swear by this. I had severe acne before i statred using this and now I rarely have a pimple. I wish you the best. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)