Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HELP!!! Mama's with acne....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

since i was 14 ive had horrible acne. in the last three months, i think it's gotten worse than it has ever been before. alot of it i believe is hormonal but having sensitve, super oily yet dry skin does not help.

i need some help!!! any of you with bad acne, have you found any products that help?! I am so tired of not even wanting to leave the house because of my face. i hate going to the dermotologist because they never listen to me and every thing they give me just tears my face apart because i am so sensitive.

HELP ME!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
eve210
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Must be frustrating. I'm sorry.

Good luck though

Quoting Anonymous:

i tried murad years ago...did nothing lol

Quoting eve210:

Murad? Its the ONLY thing that helped me. I tried proactive and that did not help at all.

I only used murad for 2 months. It cleared up most of it. After that I only used st.Ives apricot scrub.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Coconut oil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM

ehh insurance is decent. how long did it take to work and after you stopped using it, how was your skin? I plan on hopefully getting pregnant within the next year or so.

Quoting wkukid:

Do you have good insurance? If you do go see a dermatologist and ask for metro gel. It worked wonders for me. Until I got pregnant then I had to stops using it lol.

Leobaby2007
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Yes. Two types of bc. You'll need to join the IPLEDGE program, take an online quiz evety month, get a blood test every month and a urine test- to test for pregnancy and also liver enzymes, cholesterol and triglycerides.

You do not want to get PG on the medication. NO. NO. NO. Once it's out of your system, you are good to go.

It's a miracle drug for acne. There's nothing else like it.

Good luck! :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

i've been considering it. i heard you have to be on two different types of birth control on it because of really bad birth defects but i dont like taking birth control and will most likely be trying to get pregnant again within 6 months.  is that true?

Quoting Anonymous:

Accutane. The end.

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:15 AM

It cost me $1.16 for the soap I use Kirk's the Raw Shea Butter is about $5 for a whole pound and the honey well... its like 3 bucks.  I highly recommend you try this. The honey alone will help. if you have some apply it to your skin in a thin layer before bed (its sticky but worth it) in the morning you will see a difference. 

Quoting Anonymous:

i'll have to look into that, thank you

Quoting Queen_Bree:

Castile soap and Raw Shea Butter mixed with honey. I swear by this. I had severe acne before i statred using this and now I rarely have a pimple. I wish you the best. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:15 AM

dont know. Nothing has ever worked for me. I tried pro-active and the acne free from walmart.It worked wonders at first and then it stopped after a while. I  have been using Johnson and Johnson Perpose face cleanser. It keeps my face clear now. I love it!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Do you have regular acne or the cystic stuff?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM

thanks. right now, the risks aren't worth it. mama wants another baby soon so maybe after ill look into that.

Quoting Leobaby2007:

Yes. Two types of bc. You'll need to join the IPLEDGE program, take an online quiz evety month, get a blood test every month and a urine test- to test for pregnancy and also liver enzymes, cholesterol and triglycerides.

You do not want to get PG on the medication. NO. NO. NO. Once it's out of your system, you are good to go.

It's a miracle drug for acne. There's nothing else like it.

Good luck! :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

i've been considering it. i heard you have to be on two different types of birth control on it because of really bad birth defects but i dont like taking birth control and will most likely be trying to get pregnant again within 6 months.  is that true?

Quoting Anonymous:

Accutane. The end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM

ummm both. yea fml lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have regular acne or the cystic stuff?

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM

It took about a week to see results, about 2-3 for full results. You do have to stop using it a month before you start trying to get pregnant, I was told that. I'm not a good judge on the after skin, I stopped, got pregnant a month later and pregnancy is mostly being nice to my skin.

Quoting Anonymous:

ehh insurance is decent. how long did it take to work and after you stopped using it, how was your skin? I plan on hopefully getting pregnant within the next year or so.

Quoting wkukid:

Do you have good insurance? If you do go see a dermatologist and ask for metro gel. It worked wonders for me. Until I got pregnant then I had to stops using it lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)