Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HELP!!! Mama's with acne....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

since i was 14 ive had horrible acne. in the last three months, i think it's gotten worse than it has ever been before. alot of it i believe is hormonal but having sensitve, super oily yet dry skin does not help.

i need some help!!! any of you with bad acne, have you found any products that help?! I am so tired of not even wanting to leave the house because of my face. i hate going to the dermotologist because they never listen to me and every thing they give me just tears my face apart because i am so sensitive.

HELP ME!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-47):
aleatra.r
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Sound odd but use rubbing alcohol to clean your face at night. Just put some on a cotton ball and clean your face. Just don't breath in lol. If you have oily skin it won't dry out out either. I use it even after i wash my face and so much dirt and oil still comes off. And make a mask out of plain oatmeal and honey, leave on for 20 minutes then wash off. Do it two to three times a week
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Corkie-
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Vodka
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:56 AM
It does for me!

Quoting Mrs_Nelson:

does this really work?

Quoting Anonymous:

I wash my face with baking soda/water paste and rinse with cold water then apply coconut oil and let sit for 5 minutes then rinse with cold water.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I agree plus its all natural!

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Quoting Anonymous:

I wash my face with baking soda/water paste and rinse with cold water then apply coconut oil and let sit for 5 minutes then rinse with cold water.

oh wow, I do the exact same thing! My skin has never felt better. What few breakouts I do get are way more short-lived. It's seems counter-intuitive to use oil to cleanse acne prone skin, but it really helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Proactiv is a joke. Worked about two weeks & that was it. I have/had cystic acne as a result of pregnancy & my derm put me on Cetaphil gel & Cetaphil foam wash & then a prescription medicated facial cleanser.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:10 AM
It wont be too harsh on my skin? Im super oily but really, really sensitive and dry! Like really dry lol
What about a moisturizer?! Everything either makes me like an oil slick and breaks me out or just doesn't moisturize enough.

Quoting aleatra.r:

Sound odd but use rubbing alcohol to clean your face at night. Just put some on a cotton ball and clean your face. Just don't breath in lol. If you have oily skin it won't dry out out either. I use it even after i wash my face and so much dirt and oil still comes off. And make a mask out of plain oatmeal and honey, leave on for 20 minutes then wash off. Do it two to three times a week
aleatra.r
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I have pretty much the same type of skin as you, i cant guarantee that it will work for you as it did me but this is what i do to keep my skin clear. And the honey oatmeal mask moisturizes very well

Quoting Anonymous:

It wont be too harsh on my skin? Im super oily but really, really sensitive and dry! Like really dry lol

What about a moisturizer?! Everything either makes me like an oil slick and breaks me out or just doesn't moisturize enough.

Quoting aleatra.r:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)