Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have decided not to get mad if my son becomes a teen dad!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

After thinking this over, reading posts, and seeing RL examples I have decided not to get mad.

I think that by the time there is already a baby the time to be angry and to discipline is past. That should happen when you catch them doing things they are not supposed to be doing. Sneaking out, going to places they are not supposed, etc... That is when I will be mad. But if a baby becomes a reality than I am just going to go straight to what do we do now mode. If the girl decides to keep the child then I will just be happy about being a grandmother. I just think that getting angry really causes more harm than good and it will not solve the issue. It seems pointless.

I would feel the same way if I had a DD instead of a DS.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:02 AM

are you going to celebrate instead?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Good luck with that. Come back and tell us how you really feel when it happens.

parentalrights1
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:05 AM
As long as you stress the importance of waiting before it happens I guess
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

In a way you are right.No sense in getting mad.What's done is done.However,I sure wouldn't exactly be happy about it and my son would definitely know that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Kind of....I don't want the start of a baby to be anger and tears. I want to start out the life of my grandchild with love and happiness. Like I said before... getting angry and upset will do nothing to solve the issue but will cause the mother to stress which would be bad for my grandchild.

Mostly I will do everything in my power to prevent the problem in the first place.

Quoting thetrollcat:

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I think we could save money on the school system if we got rid of high school and let them get married at 13 and rid of them. Just a thought

Quoting Anonymous:

Kind of....I don't want the start of a baby to be anger and tears. I want to start out the life of my grandchild with love and happiness. Like I said before... getting angry and upset will do nothing to solve the issue but will cause the mother to stress which would be bad for my grandchild.

Mostly I will do everything in my power to prevent the problem in the first place.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM

My time and anger is better spent in prevention rather than when it is too late to do anything.

Quoting parentalrights1:

As long as you stress the importance of waiting before it happens I guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:09 AM
It's easy for boys to leave that burden, so I'm so glad I have boys. Sorry for moms with daughters. So so sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:12 AM

He will know that way before it happened anyways. I won't even need to tell him.

Quoting Anonymous:

In a way you are right.No sense in getting mad.What's done is done.However,I sure wouldn't exactly be happy about it and my son would definitely know that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)