Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you f****** kidding me?!?!?! ETA

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
  • 18 Replies

I got fired on Monday. I knew something was going to happen soon. I worked in a very small staffing company, in the office was my boss (the owner), her daughter and me. Business had slowed waaaaaay down and my hours had been all over the place.
She stated that I had made 2 more mistakes and she could't keep me because I made too many. Seriously??? I didn't make the same mistake twice and I was still learning a lot of the things. Whatever, if she has a "reason" she can fight unemployment. Lack of work isn't a reason to deny. Pissed me off even more that she sent me home very early on Thurs and told me not to come Friday. I went in Monday morning, opened the office and at 8:15, I was fired. She knew damn good and well she was going to fire me on Friday. Ugh
I went to pick up my last check today and the boss' niece is now working there. Oh, I see. More nepotism! Well fine, fuck you, too! I hope your company goes belly up, ungrateful bitch!

ETA: I think I'm going to go to her #1 competition and arch enemy tomorrow and apply to be THEIR receptionist! Ha! lol I'm almost wondering if they'll hire me BECAUSE I worked there. Hahahaha

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Fight for unemployment. If it gets denied then appeal it. Most employeers will give up if you're persistant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Yikes. I'm sorry. Good luck finding another job and I would still try for unemployment.

DannieLou
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:20 AM
I'm giving it a couple weeks, maybe something will come through. I had already applied for new jobs. I handled unemployment claims there, I know she's a hard headed bitch. Lol
I will fight her if I have to!

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Fight for unemployment. If it gets denied then appeal it. Most employeers will give up if you're persistant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Thanks. Thankfully, I know that all she can say about my employment is: A- I worked there and B- my dates of employment.
I will file if nothing happens in a couple weeks.

Quoting motherslove82:

Yikes. I'm sorry. Good luck finding another job and I would still try for unemployment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:21 AM

You could file unemployment and open a report with who ever is in charge of buisness' and fair labor in your area for termanation. They brought in family over non family but did not give that as the reason. It's very uncommon to be fired over over making a mistake the first time even if it's not the same mistake. 

Val99
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Did she give you any indication she would fight unemployment or are you just projecting that you don't want her to do that without real knowledge that she intends to?

DannieLou
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Oh, she documented EVERY teeny-tiny mistake I made in the last 6 mos I worked there. According to how she handles the temps we place out, she didn't fire me fast enough. I'm so pissed. She makes mistakes, the daughter makes mistakes...but I get fucking fired. Gah

Quoting Anonymous:

You could file unemployment and open a report with who ever is in charge of buisness' and fair labor in your area for termanation. They brought in family over non family but did not give that as the reason. It's very uncommon to be fired over over making a mistake the first time even if it's not the same mistake. 

DannieLou
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I know that she hates when her unemployment insurance increases, with a passion! She'll fight it for sure! DH says that since I was employed for just under 6 mos with her, it should default to my previous employer. I dunno.

Quoting Val99:

Did she give you any indication she would fight unemployment or are you just projecting that you don't want her to do that without real knowledge that she intends to?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:28 AM
I would file. Even if u get a new job soon, you will get paid from this week until your new job starts. I was let go of in April. Was TOLD, to my face, that the owner would not fight unemployment. Well, his financial lady thought different and did. I fought back, we went to court, and I won! I hear they almost always fight if it's a small business, they figure you'll give up. Don't. Say take that bitches! Lol good luck, I hope your job market is better than the one here. I have another job now, but at almost $4 less an hour, I'm barely scraping by and trying to find something else:(
calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:31 AM

does she actually have documentation on why she fired you? at my old job they wouldnt fire anyone unless we had adequate documentation to fight the unemployment claims.

Quoting DannieLou:

I'm giving it a couple weeks, maybe something will come through. I had already applied for new jobs. I handled unemployment claims there, I know she's a hard headed bitch. Lol
I will fight her if I have to!

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)