Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

married woman question.... married women come here

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
No offense to all the unmarried. I just saw/heard something today that made me wonder about married people.
So married women do you and your dh use condoms? I saw a vlog today and the lady said her and her dh use condoms. Me and my dh don't so I was wondering what's the normal thing (if there is such a thing).
Do you use a condom with your significant other?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Replies (351-360):
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

No, we don't. But I think I have fertility issues due to my anxiety anyway, so I haven't gotten pregnant in two years of us not using any protection at all. If I knew for sure that I could get pregnant at any time, we'd use condoms. It's a bitch and it's annoying, but I don't have the money to pay for pills or an IUD.

SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

we did for a while after baby 3 --- but now my cycle has mellowed out to be very on time and normal so i just keep track and if we MUST have sex during my fertile week we do use them --- I myself can't use hormone type BC and refuse to use the IUD or diaphram --- has been 12 years with no oops -- think I am counting right LOL 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM

We've only used condoms prior to trying to conceive, like making sure I was off hormonal birth control long enough, and then not using the condoms and trying to conceive when it's time.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
that is awsome he is a super man. make me happy to hear that there is at list one honorable man out there. Good for you sweety. hugs

Quoting proudmommy03457:

Thank you:) I believe he does..he is always so considerate. He tells me all the time I better live longer then him bc he doesn't know what he'd do without me lol so he stays on me about eating right,taking vitamins and staying active:) so when it came to one of us being "fixed" it was never really a question. When the doctors told me that I shouldn't have any more kids he immediately spoke up about getting a vasectomy when they started talking to me about a tubal.

Quoting Momyplease:

Good on him not many man would do that. they putt woman's health in risk before they ever would get fixed. I lift my hat to you guys. he must care about you s lot to try to keep you as healthy as possible. awesome.

Quoting proudmommy03457:

No..in the beginning we hated the way they felt. So we just decided to let nature take it's course. If we where meant to have kids then we would:) After our youngest my dh got a vasectomy (because he understood for me it would be considered a major surgery) so considerate:-P one of the many reasons I love him so much.

Needless to say now we don't have too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:40 AM

No- we haven't used those since we were in highschool.

pregnancy week by week
merryvoice
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM
We do only for specific reasons. Like right now we are because I just got my IUD out and need to wait for a period before we can start trying for kids again. Otherwise, no. They're a pain in the ass, unromantic and not conducive to our lives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mellieme24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM

We are at the moment cause we dont want another child.  As soon as I can make an appointment to get tied....then NO.  I hate them, but better to be safe than sorry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM
We used to but we don't any longer (we are not ttc though - we got remarried in the Catholic Church)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM
No, we are ttc our 4th and final. We have though between pregnancies and bc. After we have our next the plan is for dh to get snipped.
Jebekarue
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM

We only used them before I got on the pill.  Then dh got snipped 14 years ago.  I guess it would depend on the situation. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)