Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

150lbs is my goal.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I'm almost 300lbs. I'm 5'5, I don't look 300lbs, but I am. I told myself if I ever weighed that much, that I would need to do some SERIOUS dieting and exercising....well....now here I am. 300lbs.

I was 170 before I got pregnant, but I gained 100lbs, and kept on gaining after I had my son. When I was 170, I was healthy, a little bit chunky, but I could fit into a size 10 and I was happy with that.

I don't have any health issues because of my weight, as of yet. My husband doesn't mind the extra chunk, and I actually think he enjoys it more now that I'm a fatty, but, I need to be healthy first and foremost. I don't have any self-esteem issues, at all, I love who I am, and whether I'm fat or skinny, makes no difference, I can feel good and look good at any size...I just need to be healthy.

My goal is 150lbs because thats supposedly the weight I should be at (actually thats the most I should be at, my doc says I should be 135, but I'm thick so, my weight is distributed differently than the average)But I think I would be fine at 170 or 160.

I'm doing this. I have to.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Oh, Sassy....thank you.

Quoting Sassy762:

MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Why would you let yourself get to 300 before doing anything?  Not trying to be mean, just asking. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:52 AM

You are welcome.....

You know...you should keep a journal. Start with a picture of what you look like today and each month or so add a new pic with your weight loss so you can actually see what progress you are making

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, Sassy....thank you.

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Your BMI is 50 which is in the super morbidly obese range.  You are in danger of sudden death and a host of serious, life threatening health issues.  You would qualify for a bypass through insurance.  You need a weight of 150 or less to put you in the normal weight range.

I had a bypass last year and lost 140 lbs.  My only regret is not doing it sooner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 240... I need to do something too.
3mommyandwifey
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:56 AM
I am 5'1 and I weigh 165 and I hate my self. I love food. But enough is enough. Hope you can at least lose 100
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats a great idea. I downloaded a weight tracker on my phone, just to keep me a little motivated. But taking pics is def a great idea.

Quoting Sassy762:

You are welcome.....

You know...you should keep a journal. Start with a picture of what you look like today and each month or so add a new pic with your weight loss so you can actually see what progress you are making

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, Sassy....thank you.

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Well, I gained most of it during pregnancy. I honestly tried not to gain so much, I did eat fairly healthy, but my main food craving was bacon, and then my mil is mexican, and I seriously could not, not eat with her near me. She would say "Ay mija, you need to eat." And then she'd give me a plate of the best damn mexican food I have ever had the pleasure of eating, lol. And then I had a really bad pregnancy. I was always in pain. Like my hips hurt sooooo bad, and by the end of it I could barely even walk because the pain was so bad. I used to be really active, but that pregnancy did a number on my body. Then when I had my son, I had a c-section (its a long story, it was a very unnecessary c-section), but that put about 10 pounds on me because you can't really do anything after, and then I just kinda got lazy. My diet isn't that bad, I eat more veggies than anything else, I'm just lazy...I'll admit it.

Quoting MooBaaLaLaLa80:

Why would you let yourself get to 300 before doing anything?  Not trying to be mean, just asking. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I'd rather not have a surgery. I'm going to do it the natural way first.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your BMI is 50 which is in the super morbidly obese range.  You are in danger of sudden death and a host of serious, life threatening health issues.  You would qualify for a bypass through insurance.  You need a weight of 150 or less to put you in the normal weight range.

I had a bypass last year and lost 140 lbs.  My only regret is not doing it sooner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)