Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

These kids are gonna wake up so upset ....Updated w/pics on page 3

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Crying "where is Mommy?"

I am at my friends house who I have never been at before. We are good friends, but not super close. I am here cus she went into labor in the middle of the night. Her MIL was supposed to watch the kids but when she called her she discovered she was sick with the stomach flu.

Soooo....... I am now sitting at my friends house with my 3 yr old sleeping in her pack n play and 2 kids ages 2 and 3 sleeping in their room who barely know me and have no idea I am here. Their mom did not tell them cus she was not in labor when they went to bed. But, she woke at 11:00 with contractions 5 min. apart, then there where 2 mins apart and some one on top of each other by the time I got here.

Please pray for me cus I am gonna have an interesting time in the morning! LOL!

Aldo hoping my friend has a great labor and a happy, healthy baby! :-)

Update on the morning and pics on page 3.

The kids know me very well now. They were at my house almost all afternoon and evening yesterday. And their dad just dropped them off with me for a few hours this evening so he can go visit his wife and baby in the hospital. I am beyond wiped out, but at least they are really good kids.

Although, i have to say having 5 kids around the house the last 2 days I think i just felt my tubes tying themselves! LOL!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
KyrinM
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Just tell them that Mommy went to have the new baby, & that Daddy will be home soon to tell them all about it.  Don't promise he will take them to meet the baby right away, just in case he doesn't plan that.  They will be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I would see if they want to decorate the house with congratulations mommy. Grab some markers and crayons and have them welcome the new baby? Make it memorable for them. That way they are doing something for mommy and their new sibling?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:45 AM
That is a great idea!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would see if they want to decorate the house with congratulations mommy. Grab some markers and crayons and have them welcome the new baby? Make it memorable for them. That way they are doing something for mommy and their new sibling?

SunshineBird
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Awe....you're a good friend! Congrats to your friend. :) And good luck. Lol

eatyourveges
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM
You should call the dad when they wake up to talk to them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Congrats to your friend :) and I am sure her kids will be fine with you because it's not like your a complete stranger to them.

anitarichman
by Anita on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Well that was nice that you are able to go over and help out.  I hope you have an easy time.  Update with baby info. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Update-
The kids were great. To my surprise they were not put off by it at all. Tje luttlest one ran tonme hugged me, asked where her mom was and after i td her, she said, "okay can we eat now?" and the 3 yr old was thrilled to see my DD. he ran to her and said, lets play Molly.

My friend had her baby at 2:15. 8 lb 4 oz natural birth .

I took the 3 yr d with me for the day and the dad took the 2 yr old to a Dr. Appt. I just met the dad at 1:00 and he is putting the kids down for nap.

I went to see my friend and the baby is so cute!!!!

The dad is bringing the kids to my house after nap so he can go back to the hospital for a while.

I am gonna be so whiped out. I have my DD's birthday party in Saturday and was supposed to spend today shopping and getting ready for it. Oh, we'll tomorrow is gonna be busy!

Thanks for all the replies last night!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

M

Me holding her cutie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this

M

Isn't he cute??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)