Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need to lose 60 lbs, where do I start? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel hopeless, I feel like Im a lost cause, any advice? I was going to get a gym membership, but how often would I have to go in order to lose weight? And Im breastfeeding.....................

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Replies (11-18):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Start where you are. :-)

I recommend a food journal, with a nutrition log. Something like Myfitnesspal, FitDay (I use this), or Calorie King.

Set small goals. I'm shooting for 20 pounds by May. I have more to lose, but 20 is a number I can wrap my mind around more easily.

Be patient. Be nice to yourself! Work hard.
veronicamw
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I have a group for weightloss if you want to join send me a message 

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel hopeless, I feel like Im a lost cause, any advice? I was going to get a gym membership, but how often would I have to go in order to lose weight? And Im breastfeeding.....................

LisaSmock
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Yes with myfitnesspal You can add me if you want. Lisasmock88

Quoting crzy4mc:

I lost weight with myfitnesspal

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:17 AM

switching to a clean diet aka stop eating processed foods choosing more fruits, veggies and healthy meats and seafood.  Choose a type of cardio that you would enjoy doing rather than something you hate, so you will keep it up.  Switch to healthy versioncs of your favorites such as whole wheat pasta, brown rice, low fat cheese, low fat/fat free milk, sweet potato, etc. Switch your soda to water primarily or diet versions but still increase your water intake.  Take your vitamins and make sure you are getting Omega 3!  30 minutes of exercise is a minimum but you can break it up into three 10 minute sessions and increase it as your fitness level increases.  Dont forget to lift weights because added muscle will increase your metabolism as well as sculpt your body.  Always remember, you did not gain it over night and you will NOT lose it over night. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:34 AM

I've lost 30 pounds by counting carbs.  I eat around 30 carbs per meal plus protein.  And never drink anything with calories - you need water.

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:41 AM

I found out I was a diabetic so of course I cut my sugar big time...started to loose weight...not a lot or fast but it has helped...You'd be surprised at how addictive sugar can be...cutting Mt Dew almost killed me!  LOL

Johnsonmommy5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:47 AM
I love that app!!! Using it currently and adore it!

Quoting crzy4mc:

I lost weight with myfitnesspal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)