Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are you doing for your hubby on V-day?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm making bacon roses, and, if I can learn it by then, I'm singing him a spanish love song, lol.

How about ya'll?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM
We try to have a once a month, love rejuvenation date; way cooler than a Hallmark holiday. We're actually going tomorrow to a mini-dinner & then out & about.

Quoting Bauxite-17:

We don't really buy gifts in our house, we make em. I hate roses too, lol. The one time my husband ever bought me flowers, they were Sunflowers, lol. The flower shop owner asked if they were for his mother, and he said, nah, they're for my lady. And the guy tried to sell him roses instead, but knew I hated roses.

I mean, yeah Valentines day is a Hallmark holiday, but, its what you make it, and the meaning of it could be different for everybody. We love each other year around appreciate one another, but taking a day out to really show someone that you love them is nice.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

It's a Hallmark holiday where females expect to be showered with roses & chocolates. I hate roses & I can buy my own chocolate from Godiva. lol

Quoting Bauxite-17:

I like it

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Not a damn thing. Valentine's Day is ridiculous.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I'm going to hug him, leave him the kids and go to a greek cooking workshop. aren't I awesome :P

model1000mom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Hahahaha just did!

Quoting Bauxite-17:

Hahahaha....I saw your profile pic...did you read the post below yours?

Quoting model1000mom:

V-day B.J. LOL

method209
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Nothing, I'm a floral manager if I'm still standing at the end of the day he might get a kiss lol.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM
This. We show each other daily we love each other. I dont need a Hallmark made up holiday

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Nothing that I know of ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM

probably nothing.....as usual

brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM
We're not doing gifts this year. We are going to use that money to go home to GA for a visit to welcome my sister's husband back home from a year long deployment to Afghanistan. Dh and BIL are really close.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I love this. Me and the hubs ALWAYS celebrate V-Day, but it's never about gifts or flowers or anything like that... we actually don't really trade gifts (sometimes we'll get little meaningful things, but never like jewelry or anything like that). We just make it about romance and being together and all that mushy shit.

That being said... I am not sure what we are going to do this year! This will be the first time we don't have a sitter, so it might be a romantic late night dinner at home after the kids go to bed, lol! Might get some fancy-schmancy wine, rent a coupe hiluuuurious movies and cuddle. 

Quoting Bauxite-17:

We don't really buy gifts in our house, we make em. I hate roses too, lol. The one time my husband ever bought me flowers, they were Sunflowers, lol. The flower shop owner asked if they were for his mother, and he said, nah, they're for my lady. And the guy tried to sell him roses instead, but knew I hated roses.

I mean, yeah Valentines day is a Hallmark holiday, but, its what you make it, and the meaning of it could be different for everybody. We love each other year around appreciate one another, but taking a day out to really show someone that you love them is nice.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

It's a Hallmark holiday where females expect to be showered with roses & chocolates. I hate roses & I can buy my own chocolate from Godiva. lol

Quoting Bauxite-17:

I like it

Quoting JBiiirdD:

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM

nothing.  i'm one of those valentine's day grinches.  he doesn't do anything for me either.  but both of our birthdays are in february, so we usually have a really nice date night.  we'll go out to eat & then go shopping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)