Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Down the drain because my husband owes 17,000 on student loans..he got these stupid loans 5 years before we even met :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:37 AM
They have been taking it since 2008. We have paid 15k from tax returns so far and now this one

Quoting Anonymous:

Taken from your taxes? Did they send a letter notifying you? I only ask 'cause I'm in the same boat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Not in my state unless he didnt work at all

Quoting Anonymous:

Tax return?

Can you file injured spouse so you at least get your part?

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 AM

that sucks.

i just paid 2 traffic tickets today, 760 something. *thats* wasted money. at least your husband got a career out of it, and is making money off of it. mine is just gone, bc i drive too fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I lost my job last year & they won't leave me alone. I even did the damn unemployment deferment, it was approved & they STILL call. AHHH, the cost of education.

Quoting Anonymous:

They have been taking it since 2008. We have paid 15k from tax returns so far and now this one

Quoting Anonymous:

Taken from your taxes? Did they send a letter notifying you? I only ask 'cause I'm in the same boat.

tennisgal
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:40 AM

please tell me he's a dr and not a business major. 

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:42 AM

If you don't pay on your loan they will take your tax return. I made sure to make my payments so it wouldn't happen to me. It has happened to people I know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Federal return it shouldn't matter the state.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not in my state unless he didnt work at all

Quoting Anonymous:

Tax return?

Can you file injured spouse so you at least get your part?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Lmao if he was a Dr I wouldn't be getting a tax return

Quoting tennisgal:

please tell me he's a dr and not a business major. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 AM
I got a financial hardship deferment for one year and I haven't heard a peep from them. They shouldn't be calling...

Quoting Anonymous:

I lost my job last year & they won't leave me alone. I even did the damn unemployment deferment, it was approved & they STILL call. AHHH, the cost of education.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Did you guys try to set up a monthly payment plan so that they.wouldn't garnish your taxes?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)