Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me get over this fear and be an adult

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I'm an adult who lives at home with my parents and 7 year old child... I think I finally found it why I've never moved out yet... I'm scared that if I commit suicide, no one will be there as a buffer for my child. He'll be the one to find me, be alone with a dead body until somebody comes.

If I stay home, then he can be ushered out of the room while my dad calls the police. He won't have to stay by my body, trying to wake me up.

I'm up and down with my depression... But my dad wants me in my own place by march. Some days I'm ok, other days, I have a pile of pills in my hand, or a knife... Or I'm driving and turn my car towards a wall or river.

Other than put my big girl panties on, what can I do? I plan on talking with my therapist on the 5th about it
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Seek professional help.it's a start that you know you have a problem. Your kid needs a mother do it for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:36 AM

you need to get some meds and get your depression under control before you move out

Rach7224
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:36 AM
You need to not be focusing on killing yourself and focus on being there for your child. The fact that you are thinking that way is completely not ok, not just for yourself but for him. Finding you would be hard for him.... but living the rest of his life without you would be a lot harder. Im sorry that you feel that way, and i think that you need to get help, and if you think you may hurt yourself go to the er or somewhere to get help before you do.. dont wait til the 5th if you get to that point. Your little boy deserves to have his mama. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AerickMomi_MrsD
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Nobody can help you get over a fear but your self..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)