Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American Girl Dolls (your opinion)

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is going to be 8 in March and wants one. I normally get her what she wants. What I would like to know is do you think they are worth the money and the hair if she brushes it  into different styles will it come out and get like all other dolls hair? Is the body soft? Thanks so much in advance....

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Replies (61-65):
Tara922c
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:10 AM

DD has one, and she has the day bed to go with it. I figure it is something she will have forever! They are crazy expensive, but I think they are worth it. I have to say, it hurt a little to pay 20 bucks to get the dolls hair done! That store is making a killing!

amanda357
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
My daughter also has many many different outfits for them and some furniture!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I love them. I got my daughter one. We style its hair all the time.

ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I think if it is something she will really play with yes, they are sturdy dolls, and have a doll hospital that will make them look new again if needed, they also have a pretty high re-sale value if she never really never takes to it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I think they are worth the money. You can either go to the store or send the doll back for repair(they have a hair salon/hospital). If you ever get the chance visit the store/restaurant, it's an experience in itself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured